Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams was bigger...fought him twice...KO'd his ass. He fought Chavez Jr....who was bigger...whooped that ass...hell, Pavlik was bigger...whooped that ass too.

Comment

Sergio Martinez is the Cowardly Lion

Fight Golovkin.

Comment

he may be better in a lower weight than higher...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
          Sergio Martinez is the Cowardly Lion

Fight Golovkin.
          Bumlovkin?

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
            And ortiz came in at 162 against floyd at 147. You gonna tell me ortiz should me a middleweight?
            What does Ortiz have to do with Sergio not being a small middleweight like others have claimed?

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
              Whats weird is when you do hear a guy that wants to prove hes the best and wants to fight the best, "people look at him like hes speaking a foreign language."
              Then why doesn't Sergio fight the best in his own division? He's fighting guys like Barker, Macklin, and Murray lol.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Sergio is a natural 154 pounder and fought at that weight until he was 34 years old. He only went to 160 because he was given the opportunity to fight Pavlic and win the middleweight title. Ward is a big 168 pounder. If Martinez fought Ward at 168 he would probably be outweighed by about 15 pounds in the ring. I don't think Martinez is a coward or a bully. Mayweather can turn down the fight with Martinez at 150 if he does not think it's fair. So far Mayweather has shown no interest in fighting Martinez. Martinez and Ward are not big moneymakers.
                Ward was 176 against Dawson, and Martinez at his highest was 170...The size differential is much greater between Floyd/Martinez than Martinez/Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Martinplateado View Post
                  Williams was bigger...fought him twice...KO'd his ass. He fought Chavez Jr....who was bigger...whooped that ass...hell, Pavlik was bigger...whooped that ass too.
                  Tall is not bigger PW was a WW , boxing is weight , and Pav and Jnr are plodders , Ward is big and fast that makes all the difference in the world , if you want to fight substantially bigger guys they either got to be CWed or you pick your mark , boxing is a speed game dont fight guys bigger that are as fast or faster because you will more than likely lose , from Leonard beating Hagler to Jones beating Ruiz speed is what wins .

Comment

I'll keep it real for all those dat wanna keep it fake. The difference between Ward/Martinez & Martinez/Floyd is this.

There is no educated Martinez fan that will tell you that Martinez will go up to 168 (a weight he's never been) & beat Andre Ward, the best fighter on the planet.

But there are plenty of Floyd fans that will tell you that Floyd will beat Martinez at 154. A weight both have been champion at. However they say Floyd would beat him then make a million excuses for why Floyd won't fight him.

Comment

Isn't moving down worse than moving up? Especially at 38 yrs old? I think he loses to both anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X