Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Uhh because he's the (real middleweight champion)??

Does he give up that title to return to 154 & (hope) for a Floyd shot??
    Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    There is a lot more money for Martinez to fight Mayweather then there is to fight Ward. If Martinez can make the weight why not? He needs to start fighting at 154 if he's real serious about fight in that weight class.
    How do we know he could make the weight? Safely rather.

People **** on ward when Dawson the 1 who said he would come down.

Comment

Martinez is a small MW to begin with, he is usually 165 on fight night for a MW fight, part of the reason he stayed at 160 is because of the demand for a fight with Chavez Jr, and because his skills and handspeed are to much for most fighters to deal with at 154.

Comment

So who said & how do you know he can't make 154??
        It's called projecting. Flowmos don't want this fight to happen, AT ALL.

They know Floyd would get schooled all around the ring. Floyd is an excellent fighter, but limited in so many ways.

Comment

I don't think people would give Mayweather credit if he fought Martinez at 154. They would say Martinez was weight drained and past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            It's called projecting. Flowmos don't want this fight to happen, AT ALL.

They know Floyd would get schooled all around the ring. Floyd is an excellent fighter, but limited in so many ways.
            I dont understand why though. I want my favorite fighters to rise to new challenges (thats what makes me a fan). If theres a great fight out there I want it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Poloro87 View Post
              I don't think people would give Mayweather credit if he fought Martinez at 154. They would say Martinez was weight drained and past his prime.
              Dude WTF is up with all these ALTs in every Floyd thread? You never get that in a Pacquiao thread, unless said ALTs are Flowmos.

Worst fan base in the history of sports. Bar none.

STOP TROLLING ALTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                I dont understand why though. I want my favorite fighters to rise to new challenges (thats what makes me a fan). If theres a great fight out there I want it to happen.
                I can totally dig it. Which is why I don't support Pacman or Floyd. I can't be a fan of a fighter that I constantly have to defend for not fighting so & so.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  Ask lil Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Sure there pal, what weights has Martinez fought at before? Now what WEIGHT has Ward fought at before? Ward is 6 foot 2, Martinez is 5 foot 10...Martinez has already moved up in his career.......twice.

Ward made the 175 pound champ move down.......and fight him in his own backyard. You do realize that Ward himself said that Martinez was too small.

"Coward and bully"

How about "dumb in dumber"? As in you sound pretty dumb but I can see you retorting with something even dumber.
                    Although I do agree with you mostly, Wards a small 6'1 and it was Dawson who challenged Ward, that's why he moved down!

Comment

I can totally dig it. Which is why I don't support Pacman or Floyd. I can't be a fan of a fighter that I constantly have to defend for not fighting so & so.
                      Whats weird is when you do hear a guy that wants to prove hes the best and wants to fight the best, "people look at him like hes speaking a foreign language."

Comment

Working...
                      X