Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I strongly disagree with the Martinez is a small MW stance. If Martinez is such a small MW why did Martinez and his team complain about Williams wanting a catchweight for their 2nd fight under the MW limit? Wouldn't that actually help Martinez?

I am not saying PBF shouldn't fight Martinez cause I actually think he should. Martinez is a little overrated IMO. But Martinez is not a small MW.

Comment

• Walks around at 175+ wasnt phased by chavez size even told him to weigh 190 on fight night so realisticly floyd has no business getting in the ring with martinez i dont see martinez as a small middleweight but i would like to see the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Floyd beats Martinez, but the reason he won't fight him is: excuse #1-1000.
        i'll bet my own house, floyd won't beat martinez even if the latter nearing 40!

Comment

• if martinez would accept he's going down at 150, that's the only thing we can see this fight, because floyd even at this stage of his career is a very wise cherry-picking SOB!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
            i'll bet my own house, floyd won't beat martinez even if the latter nearing 40!
            You don't have to preach to the choir bro. I know what's up. However Roger (who claimed that since Chavez jr dropped Martinez, Floyd would stop him) & all Floyd's little fanbase always claim Floyd can beat Martinez. Then shell out monumental amounts of excuses as to why Floyd won't fight him. None of course being that he's scared & the challenge is too steep, (which it is).

Comment

• I'm not reading through 114 posts but a fighter should be willing to give up advantages to make big money megafights happen.

Mayweather vs. Martinez is a big money megafight. Martinez vs. Ward isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I'm not reading through 114 posts but a fighter should be willing to give up advantages to make big money megafights happen.

Mayweather vs. Martinez is a big money megafight. Martinez vs. Ward isn't.
                It might very well be Martinez 3rd biggest possible Payday.

Ward Vs Martinez on PPV?? I would order it. It would bring him much more money than the guys who he fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

Ward Vs Martinez on PPV?? I would order it. It would bring him much more money than the guys who he fights.
                  It would also be suicide. He ain't winning, not even being competitive.

Comment

martinez is a cherry-picker, too just like floyd. but he's more of a risk-taker compared to floyd. but ward is a fight he's not going to accept at this pt in his career

Comment

He can take an easier fight with Chavez Jr. and make the same. Going up to 168 isn't worth the risk for the amount of money involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X