No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt: Mulling Move to 147 or Even Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kendall Holt: Mulling Move to 147 or Even Retirement

It was no secret that Kendall Holt had difficulty making the junior welterweight limit for his title fight this past Friday against Lamont Peterson. It’s no surprise, then, that Holt said afterward that his technical knockout loss to Peterson might have been his last appearance in that division.

“I’ve been wanting to move up in weight class for the longest,” Holt said at the post-fight press conference. “It just seems like the opportunities at junior welterweight just keep presenting themselves and presenting themselves. You can’t say no to a world championship fight.” [Click Here To Read More]

Nice guy, he puts a lot of courage in the fight, BUT he has problems with the right hand, it was clear to me that he is about 25%, like that better retire or he will be even easier for the 147lb guys.

Comment

Wow thats a lot of weight he cut in a week.. he should go to 147 and see how hos body feels. Holt was looking huge in training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
        Wow thats a lot of weight he cut in a week.. he should go to 147 and see how hos body feels. Holt was looking huge in training camp.
        Agreed. Go up there & see how he fairs before calling it quits.

Comment

What I find silly about all of this is Kendall Holt earned that 140 shot at Peterson by winning fights at Welterweight

don't believe me? look it up for yourself

he's 3-4 in his last 7 fights and all 3 wins were above 140

particularly vs Julio Diaz, Tim Coleman

even in the lead up to Holt's previous fight vs Tim Coleman, Buddy McGirt commented similarly that Holt "wasn't a 140 lber" and lost his power and speed when he dropped from 145 all the way down to 140

Comment

Working...
          X