No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price is Ready To Fight as Soon as Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    The only way to recover from something like this is to to go out and beat Tyson Fury. Now the fight has to be made.

This is a lesson of what happens when you avoid the big named guys.
    Price is not gonna beat Fury, IMO. Just ain't gonna happen.

Neven Pajkic said Fury's will is underrated, and I think he's right. Fury has more of a fighting mentality than Price does.

That is gonna serve him well in tough moments like the one Price found himself in yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      Oh the sensationalism. It always roams amongst boxing fans. Almost all great fighters lose. Even the precious Tyson Fury will lose. Give the guy a chance to get back up before writing him off.
      Fury may lose at some point, but it won't be against Cunningham.

TF and Pulev would be an interesting fight.

Comment

I was looking forward to this fight because it was a step up in competition for Price that one felt he was ready for. Hype is always going to be there with good british fighters. Should not b written off but one hopes he learns from his mistakes. Don't know what shocked me more Audley winning last night or Price getting KO.
        I'm happy for Thompson as he is a decent bloke that was being overlooked and the fact that the national anthem was booed was disrespectful and provoked tiger into action. He was not paid well for this fight. Price is going to have to chase him now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
          I was looking forward to this fight because it was a step up in competition for Price that one felt he was ready for. Hype is always going to be there with good british fighters. Should not b written off but one hopes he learns from his mistakes. Don't know what shocked me more Audley winning last night or Price getting KO.
          I'm happy for Thompson as he is a decent bloke that was being overlooked and the fact that the national anthem was booed was disrespectful and provoked tiger into action. He was not paid well for this fight. Price is going to have to chase him now!!!
          I hate it when people boo other countries' anthems. So classless and dumb. Why rile the opponent up like that?

Thompson said that hearing the anthem booed really inspired him to try to win the fight. Maybe before that he wasn't so sure about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
            Fury may lose at some point, but it won't be against Cunningham.

TF and Pulev would be an interesting fight.
            Agreed. Yeah but i still Cant see Fury going the IBF/Wlad route. He's going for the green belt. Easier opposition, bigger chance of glory. Let's see.

Comment

Agreed. Yeah but i still Cant see Fury going the IBF/Wlad route. He's going for the green belt. Easier opposition, bigger chance of glory. Let's see.
              nice to see you have the quote generator in your sig. Check mine

Comment

Just like I said and have been ridiculed Price is a very good prospect but it is too early for the Klitschko's - Price had not been tested recently fighting 2- 3 fights a year not going past round 2 or 3 and was too complacent against Thompson - he has much to learn as the level of competition gets tougher - I would advise him to break from Maloney and get a promoter that is going to keep him busy hell Mike Tyson fought 28 times in 23 months before picking up the Heavweight Title now I'm not saying he must fight 28 times in 23 months but at leats have 7 - 8 fights a year gradually increasing the competition.

Comment

At least the man didn't punch himself in the face.
                  As did Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Considering he's VERY young and inexperienced, nobody should begrudge him going for Vitali rather than Wlad at this stage, he's quite a way off his prime right now and in all fairness is probably fighting guys he shouldn't be already.

I've compared his resume before to guys like Lewis, Vitali and Wlad who were all very experianced amateurs (fury was not) and they were fighting domestic journeymen at this stage, while fury is fighting Kevin Johnson and Steve Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                      I hate it when people boo other countries' anthems. So classless and dumb. Why rile the opponent up like that?

Thompson said that hearing the anthem booed really inspired him to try to win the fight. Maybe before that he wasn't so sure about it.
                      It was appalling, in fact I'd call it the low point of the year for Brit boxing, considering what followed. Totally shameful.

How about Kimbo Slice up for Price next? That has a nice ring to it, Slice v. Price, What Price for Slice? and all that.

Comment

Working...
                      X