Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Thompson landed that punch on Wladimir last year, Wladimir woulda been down too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Price adopted Wlads illegal holding approach he wouldn't have been caught with that punch. If Wlad didn't cheat he'd still be getting KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      If Price adopted Wlads illegal holding approach he wouldn't have been caught with that punch. If Wlad didn't cheat he'd still be getting KTFO.
      not this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I wouldn't call his chin bad. He took about the same punch that stunned Valuev and KOed Chisorra (this was slightly stronger).

His chin is good for this area and about average generally.
        No way Wlad would be standing if Haye landed anything close to the power in the shot he landed on Valuev. That punch would have KO'd 99% of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          Plus more than likely down for the 10 count.

I'm not gonna say that Price has been "exposed", but he needs to up his defence. Price can still become champ, he is still a top contender. Thompson woulda been heavyweight champ if he caught Wlad with that punch.
          I disagree completely. Wlad already KOed Thompson twice. What does he have to do, KO him 4 or 5 more times to convince you? The punch that KOed Price was not a hard punch and would not have hurt Wlad. I was a big Price fan but after seeing him KOed by such a light punch I know his chin is too weak for him to ever be a champion. Price is a fast, hard puncher but in the heavyweights more than any other division you need a good chin and a good defense. Wlad has an average chin and an excellent defense. Wlad's average chin should not be compare to Price's chin because Price's chin is WEAK.

Comment

No way Wlad would be standing if Haye landed anything close to the power in the shot he landed on Valuev. That punch would have KO'd 99% of fighters.
            He actually landed one pretty similar in 12th round. He might throw it harder against Valuev but note that he needed to throw it way up when he fought the giant.

Comment

not this again...

I think the same everytime i hear about Wlad's "amazing" defence. Someone's got to try and explain to these morons that holding isn't allowed and Wlad's defence is terrible that's why he does it.

Comment

I think the same everytime i hear about Wlad's "amazing" defence. Someone's got to try and explain to these morons that holding isn't allowed and Wlad's defence is terrible that's why he does it.
                Ok, you made your point and expressed your opinion. It is very well known when it comes to Klitschkos.

No need to call the names...

Comment

I can't agree with this. Wlad doesn't have the best chin, but he's survived much bigger shots than that. You could say "if" he would have caught him, but the bottom line is, he didn't.

Comment

Ok, you made your point and expressed your opinion. It is very well known when it comes to Klitschkos.

No need to call the names...
                    It's not an opinion, it's a fact that holding to gain a tactical advantage is against the rules.

Comment

If holding is illegal than 98% of boxers have participated in illegal behaviour. John Ruiz held 163 times against Golota and wasn't docked a point because of it.

Some members' hatred of the Klitschkos borders on the psychopathic.

Comment

Working...
                      X