Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be a slugfest both guys wouldn't be shy to let their hands fly

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      That's great but from a boxer and a trainers perspective, it's their job to get in the ring and do whatever they have to do to get the win. Judah did that and Matthysse didn't. He kept the fight close and gave himself a chance to win on the cards. And his performance gave him the shot at his 5th world championship and he got it.

Everybody gets blamed but Matthysse for that loss. They blame the NJ Athletic Commission, the judges, the referees and even Judah by saying he was running.

Fact of the matter is if Matthysse came out and took the fight to Judah early the way Amir Khan did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Great post...

Comment

[QUOTE=PBP;13076046]Everybody gets blamed but Matthysse for that loss. They blame the NJ Athletic Commission, the judges, the referees and even Judah by saying he was running. QUOTE]I have no interest in the blame game, but I heard a TON of boos when the decision was announced and many saw the fight like I did with Mathysee as the clear winner. It is what it is.

Comment

I have Peterson over Garcia and Mathysee beating both.

Comment

I think Matthysse would handily beat Peterson. I think he would be in his face from the first bell, and would never allow Peterson to get into any kind of rhythm. Matthysse is hittable, but very durable. Peterson is extremely hittable and has been knocked down by much lighter punchers like Timmy B.

I'll take Lucas by KO.

Down for a points bet too if any hardcore Peterson fans are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I have no interest in the blame game, but I heard a TON of boos when the decision was announced and many saw the fight like I did with Mathysee as the clear winner. It is what it is.
              That's fine and dandy but you think from the perspective of a fan as did people in the audience. I speak from the perspective of the fighter. A fighters job is to give himself the best opportunity to win. If that means, moving, jabbing and being cautious, so be it. He's got hundreds of thousands of dollars and his career at stake. Plus he was fighting a guy that outweighted him and packed a way bigger punch than he did.

A fighters job is to do enough to win rounds on the scorecards of the 3 judges sitting ringside, or score a knockout to remove all speculation. His job is not to impress Richardt.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                A fighters job is to do enough to win rounds on the scorecards of the 3 judges.
                Judges sometimes being one or more blind mice. Like I said, many people saw an inexperienced fighter come in a defeat Judah. That argument could go on forever. But now Mathysee is seen as THE man at 140, subjective or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  I think Matthysse would handily beat Peterson. I think he would be in his face from the first bell, and would never allow Peterson to get into any kind of rhythm. Matthysse is hittable, but very durable. Peterson is extremely hittable and has been knocked down by much lighter punchers like Timmy B.

I'll take Lucas by KO.

Down for a points bet too if any hardcore Peterson fans are interested.
                  Not a hardcore Peterson fan(although I do like him)but when the fight happens,I'll hit ya up for a bet..

Although I like Matt's..He seems very beatable..Peterson is strong I really don't see Lucas stopping Peterson..But he def can win..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Not a hardcore Peterson fan(although I do like him)but when the fight happens,I'll hit ya up for a bet..

Although I like Matt's..He seems very beatable..Peterson is strong I really don't see Lucas stopping Peterson..But he def can win..
                    Sounds good, Rome.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      Judges sometimes being one or more blind mice. Like I said, many people saw an inexperienced fighter come in a defeat Judah. That argument could go on forever. But now Mathysee is seen as THE man at 140, subjective or not.
                      Garcia is the man until proven other wise..Matt's is looked at as the best contender,I can get with that..But the man,I mean dude does not even hold a belt,yet he's the man..Oh god..

Comment

Working...
                      X