No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    No credible win? Why dont you just come out and say you didn't know who Ajose was before the Matthysse fight? There's a reason why Garcia and the others avoided this guy. Matthysse had to do their dirty work. Now whether you think he won or loss his other fights that's a different story.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Tbh,I just heard of Ajose..But what I seen in the ring with Matts would lose to Peterson and Garcia..Khan I don't know cause the chin issues..Matts showed he was another level with that win..Not that he was the class of the div, like so many are making him out to be..

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Fact remains that he was robbed and you know it but prefer to play stupid just to downplay him.
      It's not a fact that Matts was robbed..I'm also not trying to downplay him, rather being realistic..

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        It's not just the mindset of the posters your referring to its the mindset of the promoters and the boxing public. Judah got the Khan fight and he's getting the Garcia fight because of that win. Plus Arum downplayed Rios vs Matthysse Insinuating that he's a good fighter but nobody knows who he is and he lost to Judah.

So when people bring it up its the truth. This is the reason why Judah is getting the bigger fights right now. But people don't want to hear the cold hard truth.

If he jumped on Judah early and got him out of there like Khan did we wouldn't be having this discussion
        It was years ago, and since then Matthysse has done extremely well for himself, including getting flat out robbed against Alexander. Judah does not deserve a Garcia fight now because of a disputed win over Matthysse then, and the only reason he's getting those fights now is because he's a washed up name Has nothing to do with his win over Matthysse, that most people think he lost. That's the convenient excuse people use because they don't want to see their fighter in the ring with a guy who'd knock most the division out. I would think kicking Alexander's ass after that would cancel out a disputed loss.

If other fighters had a single fight held against them like Judah is for Matthysse, most the sport would be getting locked out of big fights. Including Peterson and Garcia. After all, who is Peterson but the guy who got dominated by Bradley and drew with Ortiz? Who is Garcia but the guy who struggled with old and overweight Erik Morales?

Comment

Seriously, I'm not even going to argue about Matthysse-Judah. I thought Matthysse won, but I can see the argument the other way, flimsy as it is. Matthysse kicked the crap out of Devon Alexander since then. He kicked the crap out of Humberto Soto and Ajose Olusegon since then. Why would anyone still be holding the Judah fight against him? It's not reasoning, its a pathetic excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Seriously, I'm not even going to argue about Matthysse-Judah. I thought Matthysse won, but I can see the argument the other way, flimsy as it is. Matthysse kicked the crap out of Devon Alexander since then. He kicked the crap out of Humberto Soto and Ajose Olusegon since then. Why would anyone still be holding the Judah fight against him? It's not reasoning, its a pathetic excuse.
            I wonder how opinions would change if Zab beats Garcia.

Comment

I agree losses shouldn't be held against him but they are. If Judah got blasted by Matthysse the Garcia fight wouldn't be happening. Even Amir Khan brought this fight up as a reason to downplay him.

When your on the biggest stage of your career that's the fight that people will remember you most for. Fighting to conservatively in the early rounds cost him numerous opportunities and he's finally fought his way back into contention.

But I believe the Garcia fight will happen if they both keep winning so all this back and forth will probably mean nothing

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I wonder how opinions would change if Zab beats Garcia.
                That would work out well for GBP because they can move Broner up and give him an immediate title shot

Broner vs Judah coming off a huge win in BK would do numbers

Comment

140 is 1 of the deepest divisions in boxing. Lucas Mattysse is 1 of the best fighters in 1 of the best divisions. I don't see what the problem is.

Comment

There are fighters who are nothing but hype. Mattysse is not 1 of those fighters. Some people don't understand just how hard it is, to be virtually unknown, brought under the big lights in the US as an (opponent), for someone on the comeback like Jab Judah & get getting a fair shake.

Both his losses are political. Cause neither Alexander, nor Judah beat Mattysse. He's earned every accolade given to him. To make a thread about him & hype is crazy, considering there are in fact fighters who've been given titles & bogus defenses while being called the 2nd best in deep divisions even though they've never, ever beaten any prime top fighters there. Mattysse is not 1 of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      That would work out well for GBP because they can move Broner up and give him an immediate title shot

Broner vs Judah coming off a huge win in BK would do numbers
                      If Haymon/GBP pulled that crap I'd be rooting so hard for a Judah KO

Comment

Working...
                      X