No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I understand, three funnest things are usually true..Bradley won so that's why it id funny I believe he won..Anyway, who won PAC Bradley ours a matter of opinion oh and has nothing to do with this thread..

But Bradley on the outside looking in?? Are you being serious??
    Just look at who he is fighting. He's not on the outside looking in r u serious? He's fighting a fighter that fights at 140 that only the hardcore fans know. Bob Arum needs to use Tim as a tune up for Pac so he can be ready for Marquez in Sept. Matthysee is the man at 140 by the way. Until Garcia fights him. Even though I got Garcia beating Matthysee if the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      I'm half black, and LOVE Matthysse's style of fighting.

Most of my black friends can't watch a boxing match unless they're brawling.

So this notion that black people only like technical/defensive fighters is a complete lie.

It's only the Flowmo noobs, or boxing elitists.
      Boxing elitists are the worst. I like all fighters as well.....not sure where you were going with the "Go worship the Whitaker and SRL clones" statement though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I wouldn't classify anybody at 140 a big money superstar with a huge fanbase.

They are all up and coming fighters that are trying to build their fanbases and have successful careers in this sport.

Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse, and Khan all need to fight each other so that there is one man standing and one real champion in the division. And GBP is doing that but people just like to ***** and whine just to do so.

But for some reason, if you don't feel Matthysse will be that last guy standing, it's because you only like slick, black fighters. Not because you've watched his fights and still have questions about him since he didn't look like an unbeatable god in the 2 biggest fights of his career.
        That's the thing. No one's comparing him with slick, black fighters. We're comparing him with the 140 lb. division.

Majority of the top guys are bangers. Matthysse just so happens to be the ultimate banger. With boxing skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I wouldn't classify anybody at 140 a big money superstar with a huge fanbase.

They are all up and coming fighters that are trying to build their fanbases and have successful careers in this sport.

Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse, and Khan all need to fight each other so that there is one man standing and one real champion in the division. And GBP is doing that but people just like to ***** and whine just to do so.

But for some reason, if you don't feel Matthysse will be that last guy standing, it's because you only like slick, black fighters. Not because you've watched his fights and still have questions about him since he didn't look like an unbeatable god in the 2 biggest fights of his career.
          Let me tell you something. A lot of the same people who say mattysse isn't hard to hit & for that reason say he's beatable are some of the same damn people that have Broner on the pfp list & view him as unbeatable even though he himself isn't (that hard to hit).

In fact we all do it. Me included. I say Floyd & Pacman were duckers, when Martinez does some ducking himself. But the majority of nitpickers are usually the superstar fighters with huge fanbases. It is what it is.

Comment

That's the thing. No one's comparing him with slick, black fighters. We're comparing him with the 140 lb. division.

Majority of the top guys are bangers. Matthysse just so happens to be the ultimate banger. With boxing skills.
            If he is the ultimate how the hell did Judah give him so many problems? Khan played with Judah ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
              Boxing elitists are the worst. I like all fighters as well.....not sure where you were going with the "Go worship the Whitaker and SRL clones" statement though.
              Haha, I got a little carried away. Pernell is my favorite defensive fighter of all time.

Best defensive fighters of all time:

1) Pernell

2)Benitez
              3)Floyd

Comment

If he is the ultimate how the hell did Judah give him so many problems? Khan played with Judah ffs
                Judah came into the fight trying his best to imitate Cory Spinks. If he went into the fight like he did with Cotto, he would've gotten abused.

Comment

Haha, I got a little carried away. Pernell is my favorite defensive fighter of all time.

1) Pernell

2)Benitez
                  3)Floyd
                  Locche and Pep deserve some mention too. Prime BHop as well.

Comment

1) Pernell

2)Benitez
                    3)Floyd
                    B-Hop is a better defensive fighter than Floyd, imo.

Comment

Locche and Pep deserve some mention too. Prime BHop as well.
                      True dat, true dat. IMO, those are the best defensive fighters.

Actually on a skill based stand point, gotta put B-Hop a little higher than Benitez and Floyd. He didn't have their athleticism, so on pure defensive skills, Hopkins is higher for me. Good correction.

This is gonna be a bit noobish, but I've never seen a Pep fight.

Honorable mention, James Toney.

Comment

Working...
                      X