Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lmao this guy is going to beat Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Donaire looked like **** against Mathebula. Mathebula is awkward and everything but that was pretty inexcusable, and it wasn't that long ago either. Mathebula fights like he's on stilts.

If Rigo can survive the power, he'll outbox Donaire. That's my prediction. Rigo by decision/Donaire by KO. Not sure which one of those predictions I favor yet.
    Mathebula did pretty well against Donaire. However, Rigo doesn't fight that way, and he's nowhere near as tall as Jeff. I don't feel comfortable using Mathebula as an argument in Guillermo's favor. But I do agree that if Rigo avoids getting caught with a devastating shot, he's perfectly capable of outboxing Donaire, and even of knocking Nonito out himself.

Comment

• Come on, this thread is a joke. Donaire is a top, top level fighter. If Rigo wins, he's beating one of the best in the world. How can you knock a multi divisional world champion who has beaten the lineal champion in his current division and done so with power and style.

Comment

• beat, humiliate, massacre, expose, toy with, embarrass some more, expose some more... yea all of those and so on and so forth

lol @donaire is hype but rigo is legit. oh the irony...

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
          Come on, this thread is a joke. Donaire is a top, top level fighter. If Rigo wins, he's beating one of the best in the world. How can you knock a multi divisional world champion who has beaten the lineal champion in his current division and done so with power and style.
          I've got a lot of respect for Donaire, but that champion you speak of was 37 years old and hadn't fought in twelve months when Nonito defeated him. Nishioka promptly retired after the fight, which says more about where he was in his career than about the beating he took. I'm not knocking Donaire's victory, but let's put things into their proper perspective, shall we?

Comment

• So all the guys who say Donaire is a fraud won't give Rigo any credit if he beats him? Meaning Rigo still won't have a marquee win under his belt
            That's a shame as whilst I'm picking Donaire to win, I plan to give Rigo all the credit he deserves if he beats Donaire.

It's also a shame both sets of fans have called each fighter a fraud, as with a logical grown-up's head on, neither man is a fraud, they are the two top guys in their division. This is a genuine bona fide match up and whoever wins deserves the full credit A cake walk for either man, this isn't

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Mathebula did pretty well against Donaire. However, Rigo doesn't fight that way, and he's nowhere near as tall as Jeff. I don't feel comfortable using Mathebula as an argument in Guillermo's favor. But I do agree that if Rigo avoids getting caught with a devastating shot, he's perfectly capable of outboxing Donaire, and even of knocking Nonito out himself.
              Mathebula is a great fighter and Nonito dropped him in the 4th round. Nonito outboxed him for the entire 12 rounds so don't act like Nonito can't box the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
                Mathebula is a great fighter and Nonito dropped him in the 4th round. Nonito outboxed him for the entire 12 rounds so don't act like Nonito can't box the distance.
                uffff.... i dont know man mathebula is a solid class C fighter in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
                  Um...one, Mathebula is not a great fighter; he's a decent fighter. Two, Donaire didn't outbox him for the entire twelve rounds. In fact, Jeff gave Nonito his share of problems.

Honestly, man, some of the things you've been posting... SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Um...one, Mathebula is not a great fighter; he's a decent fighter. Two, Donaire didn't outbox him for the entire twelve rounds. In fact, Jeff gave Nonito his share of problems.

Honestly, man, some of the things you've been posting... SMH
                    Actually, Jeff stole plenty of rounds based on activity. Nonito looked like he was looking for that big shot all night long.

Obviously Mathebula poses different problems stylistically, but my point is that if you're supposedly P4P material with vicious KO power, you should be able to knock out a guy who fights like Big Bird. At the very least you shouldn't look like **** and have a fair amount of trouble with him. Mathebula came close to knocking himself out on several occasions, yet Donaire couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      Actually, Jeff stole plenty of rounds based on activity. Nonito looked like he was looking for that big shot all night long.

Obviously Mathebula poses different problems stylistically, but my point is that if you're supposedly P4P material with vicious KO power, you should be able to knock out a guy who fights like Big Bird. At the very least you shouldn't look like **** and have a fair amount of trouble with him. Mathebula came close to knocking himself out on several occasions, yet Donaire couldn't.
                      @ the bold.

No doubt, Mathebula stole some rounds. I don't know what "TheHook84" was watching. Nonito was swinging for the fences the whole night, and usually missing wildly. I don't fault Donaire too much for his troubles. It was a bad style match-up against a very tall opponent. What I have a problem with is this notion some guys seem to champion, that Nonito is this invincible monster that does everything flawlessly. C'mon...the man is very good, but he's beatable, just as Rigo is beatable.

Donaire's fans want to harp on the Cordoba jab and the six rounds that followed it, and the two Marroquin hooks. Yet, there are some criticisms that can be laid on Nonito. I'm all for analyzing, that's partly what we're here for, but don't give me this one-sided garbage I expect from a twelve year-old fanboy. People want to talk about "Rigotards." Well, the "Nonitards" are just as bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X