No announcement yet.

What should Gennady do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Marinez is pretty much the same size as Golovkin. How does GGG Drain himself? He weighed 168 coming into camp and 168 i think during fight night. Thats a very moderate rehydration. Even Rosado is bigger then him

Quillin and JCC arent exceptions, they're what huge MWs are
    I think Martinez is a tad smaller. I'm just speculating about GGG because he often gets sick a few days before his fights, which is what happens when you're dehydrated. Some guys just stay around their fighting weight but can't get much lower. Like I said that weight means nothing, Cotto rehydrated to 168 when he fought Floyd, is he as big as GGG? Rosado is not bigger than GGG, I don't know who started this nonsense, taller doesn't mean bigger, GGG's midsection is like twice as thick.

Well if you have to call them "huge" middleweights then by defition they are exceptions, otherwise they would just be regular MWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology
      I really want to see Golovkin vs Quillin/Pirog/Andy Lee
      This right here and add Chavez Jr as guys I wanna see him fight. I actually don't see how Golovkin would walk through Chavez. Chavez may not be the world beater his father was but he's still no tomato can and is extremely conditioned and durable enough to maybe even outwork GGG. It'd be the best test for GGG I think. Andy Lee isn't bad either but I seriously doubt Lee wants this after Chavez wrecked him. Pirog would be a sick fight where the hell is this guy? It'd be a sick fight. Quillen is a perfect fight too. These prime guys need to fight 160 is getting ridiculous with so many good match ups to make but nobody wants to step up and fight each other.

I want Martinez vs Quillen and any combination of Chavez Jr, Pirog and GGG to fight each other with the winners fighting. I think Martinez will try to settle eith Geale for his next fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I think Martinez is a tad smaller. I'm just speculating about GGG because he often gets sick a few days before his fights, which is what happens when you're dehydrated. Some guys just stay around their fighting weight but can't get much lower. Like I said that weight means nothing, Cotto rehydrated to 168 when he fought Floyd, is he as big as GGG? Rosado is not bigger than GGG, I don't know who started this nonsense, taller doesn't mean bigger, GGG's midsection is like twice as thick.

Well if you have to call them "huge" middleweights then by defition they are exceptions, otherwise they would just be regular MWs.
        Golovkin is on the low end of the draining scale. If that made you sick, JCC and many guys would be dead. Weight doesnt mean everything but combine weight and his size and you can see he is a rather small guy for 160. Rosado is bigger, just look at him. So he's not as lean because when you're bigger, you have to have a smaller mid section. Some guys like fighting around their real weight

And im just saying there's a size range for fighters in a division, and guys like martinez and GGG are at the low end

Comment

Keep on fighting in America and he would get his chance, He wouldn't be the first fighter who isn't allowed to jump the queue and he wouldn't be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Keep on fighting in America and he would get his chance, He wouldn't be the first fighter who isn't allowed to jump the queue and he wouldn't be the last.
            Like Dzinzurik, Murray, Barker and MAcklin did, right

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Golovkin is on the low end of the draining scale. If that made you sick, JCC and many guys would be dead. Weight doesnt mean everything but combine weight and his size and you can see he is a rather small guy for 160. Rosado is bigger, just look at him. So he's not as lean because when you're bigger, you have to have a smaller mid section. Some guys like fighting around their real weight

And im just saying there's a size range for fighters in a division, and guys like martinez and GGG are at the low end
              I think 160 is perfect for GGG, he's a solid MW, he has that central asian type of body, these guys don't look very big but they have heavy bones. GGG is leaner AND thicker than Rosado. Well how would you place Hagler on that scale? It's not just about height and weight, you have to look at bodyfat% and bone structure.

I just don't wanna see the guy fight at an unhealthy weight, especially at 30 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I think 160 is perfect for GGG, he's a solid MW, he has that central asian type of body, these guys don't look very big but they have heavy bones. GGG is leaner AND thicker than Rosado. Well how would you place Hagler on that scale? It's not just about height and weight, you have to look at bodyfat% and bone structure.

I just don't wanna see the guy fight at an unhealthy weight, especially at 30 yrs old.
                And Rosado would be bigger in all of that other then tummy thickness.

Comment

Working...
                X