Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    What a boring, ugly fight that was. Rigo's worst performance, by far. But "El Chacal" won that fight easily.
    That fight was terrible. I just finished watching the HBO version for the first time (I was in attendance that night), and I was shocked by how much moving Rigondeaux did after the knockdown. I remembered him playing it safe, but that was ridiculous. He still won fairly easy, but I never want to see that version of him resurface.

Comment

• I think Nonito will win. But it won't be a war and there won't be any KDs or a KOs. I believe it will be a very technical fight and the general boxing audience will be very bored.

But hey, maybe Rigo can pull this one out and surprise the Boxing World with a huge KO upset win.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Donaire will win via robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
          That fight was terrible. I just finished watching the HBO version for the first time (I was in attendance that night), and I was shocked by how much moving Rigondeaux did after the knockdown. I remembered him playing it safe, but that was ridiculous. He still won fairly easy, but I never want to see that version of him resurface.
          Never again, please. And, to be honest, I don't think Rigo will ever make such a mistake again. He's fought very differently since then. I was a little concerned with how tentative he seemed against Ramos, he could've polished Rico off earlier, but Guille got the job done early enough. In this coming fight, I think Rigondeaux will have to fight. Donaire will press, and I believe Guillermo will answer the call. The Cordoba fight is long since past.

Comment

Never again, please. And, to be honest, I don't think Rigo will ever make such a mistake again. He's fought very differently since then. I was a little concerned with how tentative he seemed against Ramos, he could've polished Rico off earlier, but Guille got the job done early enough. In this coming fight, I think Rigondeaux will have to fight. Donaire will press, and I believe Guillermo will answer the call. The Cordoba fight is long since past.
            Both fighters have said they will go for the KO and I personally believe we will see an absolute slug fest in the ring on April 13. Donaire said they will try to kill each other in the ring.

Comment

I don't think Rigo exactly struggled with Cordoba. The way it played out was, Guille was easily outclassing Ricardo during the first half of the fight, scoring a knockdown along the way. In the sixth, Cordoba knocked Rigo down (glove to the canvass), after which Guillermo got on his bike and coasted to a points win.

It was incomprehensible why Rigondeaux reacted so drastically after the knockdown, but he won the fight without any trouble. Cordoba didn't land anything of any real merit, even with the jab that caused Rigo's "touchdown." The judges' cards were obviously affected by Guillermo's unwillingness to engage, but they awarded him the split decision anyway.

he struggled plain and simple. don't even know why you're trying to spin it around. i saw that fight on hbo at first run and i was exasperated with what i saw. when your opponent is chasing you around the ring while you can't stop from running that's struggling to me. he wasn't even boxing, he was literally running. he lost his confidence after he got dropped and if not for the early rounds that he put in the bag he should've lost that fight. he was giving away rounds for doing almost nothing. why would a fighter do that if he wasn't struggling?

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I just watched it in its entirety. Without all of Max Kellermans talking **** about Rigo not living up to his expectations, I gave Cordoba one round, much like one of the judges.
                take your fanboy blinders off...there was no judge that gave cordoba just one round.

Comment

• I just cant get over the size difference. maybe i need to see the weigh in but nonito is just too big for rigo imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Em1 View Post
                    I just cant get over the size difference. maybe i need to see the weigh in but nonito is just too big for rigo imo.
                    Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      he struggled plain and simple. don't even know why you're trying to spin it around. i saw that fight on hbo at first run and i was exasperated with what i saw. when your opponent is chasing you around the ring while you can't stop from running that's struggling to me. he wasn't even boxing, he was literally running. he lost his confidence after he got dropped and if not for the early rounds that he put in the bag he should've lost that fight. he was giving away rounds for doing almost nothing. why would a fighter do that if he wasn't struggling?
                      Then that's your interpretation. It's not mine. Rigondeaux ran around the ring. That word gets overused around here, but that's what he did. I have no problem admitting the truth. Guillermo didn't "struggle," however. As you yourself say, "If not for the early rounds that he put in the bag...." That is correct. And the reason he put those rounds "in the bag" is because he was easily handling Cordoba. After the sixth, when Rigo put on his track shoes, it became a silly game of amateur boxing strategy. If Ricardo had cut off the ring and caught Guillermo with some punches, I might be inclined to agree with you. As it was, Cordoba couldn't lay a glove on Rigondeaux, while the latter continued to rack up some points. No struggle at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X