Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    rigo's skills is getting overrated in here. people are confusing his defensive and cautious style with skills. don't get me wrong, he is a skilled fighter but not as much as he is being projected by his fans. he hasn't even fought at a high level and he already struggled a couple of times. what happens when he steps up his competition? we will see in this fight and i have no problem giving him massive credits if he wins. can't give him props though for something he hasn't done.

when you're that defensive and cautious, it gives the impression that you are more skilled than what you really are because you don't get hit a lot and your accuracy is higher as you throw less punches while waiting for the right opening. you don't want to lead and force your opponent to be a little reckless. that's style more than skills.

if donaire has that kind of style and boxing mentality he will be harder to beat and will be viewed as a better skilled fighter than what we've already seen in him. in fact, donaire only showed vulnerability and susceptibility of getting hit when he gets more offensive or when he gets impatient inside the ring. but when he doesn't have to lead and just stick to counterpunching he was spectacular.

if rigo would take risks and be a little offensive like what donaire is doing, he will get hit more too and his skills will not be able to save him. and with his suspect chin, he might've been already ktfo. but he never will take more risks because unlike donaire, rigo doesn't care getting booed just like when he fought cordoba. he was wildly booed but he kept running still. when donaire was booed against narvaez, he was disappointed although he wasn't really the one who made the fight boring. i just hope rigo will not shell up like what narvaez did. fukk him if he does after all his trash talks.
    He actually hasn't struggled with anyone... Thats the problem. He is SOOO far above them that he can get lazy.

Comment

rigo's skills is getting overrated in here. people are confusing his defensive and cautious style with skills. don't get me wrong, he is a skilled fighter but not as much as he is being projected by his fans. he hasn't even fought at a high level and he already struggled a couple of times. what happens when he steps up his competition? we will see in this fight and i have no problem giving him massive credits if he wins. can't give him props though for something he hasn't done.

when you're that defensive and cautious, it gives the impression that you are more skilled than what you really are because you don't get hit a lot and your accuracy is higher as you throw less punches while waiting for the right opening. you don't want to lead and force your opponent to be a little reckless. that's style more than skills.

if donaire has that kind of style and boxing mentality he will be harder to beat and will be viewed as a better skilled fighter than what we've already seen in him. in fact, donaire only showed vulnerability and susceptibility of getting hit when he gets more offensive or when he gets impatient inside the ring. but when he doesn't have to lead and just stick to counterpunching he was spectacular.

if rigo would take risks and be a little offensive like what donaire is doing, he will get hit more too and his skills will not be able to save him. and with his suspect chin, he might've been already ktfo. but he never will take more risks because unlike donaire, rigo doesn't care getting booed just like when he fought cordoba. he was wildly booed but he kept running still. when donaire was booed against narvaez, he was disappointed although he wasn't really the one who made the fight boring. i just hope rigo will not shell up like what narvaez did. fukk him if he does after all his trash talks.
      You are severely underestimating Rigo's defense.

I've never seen anyone land more than 30 clear punches on him in an entire fight.

That's spectacular. His defense is almost as good as mayweather, but mayweather is proven an is a more complete fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        He actually hasn't struggled with anyone... Thats the problem. He is SOOO far above them that he can get lazy.

looks like you didn't see the cordoba fight...i'm very sorry for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
          You are severely underestimating Rigo's defense.
          I've never seen anyone land more than 30 clear punches on him in an entire fight.

That's spectacular. His defense is almost as good as mayweather, but mayweather is proven an is a more complete fighter.

how did i underestimate his defense again? his defense is good and i didn't say otherwise. i'm just saying that if he goes out of his comfort zone, which is his defensive style, his flaws might get exposed but i doubt he will take the risks.

Comment

I don't think Rigo exactly struggled with Cordoba. The way it played out was, Guille was easily outclassing Ricardo during the first half of the fight, scoring a knockdown along the way. In the sixth, Cordoba knocked Rigo down (glove to the canvass), after which Guillermo got on his bike and coasted to a points win.

It was incomprehensible why Rigondeaux reacted so drastically after the knockdown, but he won the fight without any trouble. Cordoba didn't land anything of any real merit, even with the jab that caused Rigo's "touchdown." The judges' cards were obviously affected by Guillermo's unwillingness to engage, but they awarded him the split decision anyway.

Comment

I just watched it in its entirety. Without all of Max Kellermans talking **** about Rigo not living up to his expectations, I gave Cordoba one round, much like one of the judges.

It was a boring fight, but Rigo didn't struggle at all. He did get on his bike and make the fight uninteresting, but he made Cordoba miss all night, and tagged him in return.

He stopped throwing hard shots for half the fight, but he was soundly outboxing Cordoba.

I mean even Harold, the worst judge of all time who only has eyes for fighters who come forward scored it 115-111 for Rigo... That is with him being obtuse and giving Cordoba the last 2 rounds which Rigo clearly won without an difficulty.

Harold basically gave Cordoba every round that Rigo decided to show boat.

Don't believe me? Go watch round 11... tell me how Cordoba came anywhere close to winning that round... He landed maybe... 1 punch if you are generous. Same with round 12... He landed maybe 1 punch if you are being generous. Rigo, probably 10 or 12 puches... and he buckled Cordoba near the end of the round.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I don't think Rigo exactly struggled with Cordoba. The way it played out was, Guille was easily outclassing Ricardo during the first half of the fight, scoring a knockdown along the way. In the sixth, Cordoba knocked Rigo down (glove to the canvass), after which Guillermo got on his bike and coasted to a points win.

It was incomprehensible why Rigondeaux reacted so drastically after the knockdown, but he won the fight without any trouble. Cordoba didn't land anything of any real merit, even with the jab that caused Rigo's "touchdown." The judges' cards were obviously affected by Guillermo's unwillingness to engage, but they awarded him the split decision anyway.
                He just decided that trying to get in on Cordoba wasn't working so he changed strategies, and it made the fight incredibly easy for him.

The commentary was very unfair. There was no momentum change in the fight, if anything Rigo made Cordoba even less effective in the 2nd half than he had been in the 1st.

Comment

I just watched it in its entirety. Without all of Max Kellermans talking **** about Rigo not living up to his expectations, I gave Cordoba one round, much like one of the judges.

It was a boring fight, but Rigo didn't struggle at all. He did get on his bike and make the fight uninteresting, but he made Cordoba miss all night, and tagged him in return.

He stopped throwing hard shots for half the fight, but he was soundly outboxing Cordoba.

I mean even Harold, the worst judge of all time who only has eyes for fighters who come forward scored it 115-111 for Rigo... That is with him being obtuse and giving Cordoba the last 2 rounds which Rigo clearly won without an difficulty.

Harold basically gave Cordoba every round that Rigo decided to show boat.

Don't believe me? Go watch round 11... tell me how Cordoba came anywhere close to winning that round... He landed maybe... 1 punch if you are generous. Same with round 12... He landed maybe 1 punch if you are being generous. Rigo, probably 10 or 12 puches... and he buckled Cordoba near the end of the round.

What a boring, ugly fight that was. Rigo's worst performance, by far. But "El Chacal" won that fight easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    What a boring, ugly fight that was. Rigo's worst performance, by far. But "El Chacal" won that fight easily.
                    I just counted... Cordoba landed 2 punches in round 11. A glancing right hook, and a jab.

Comment

I just counted... Cordoba landed 2 punches in round 11. A glancing right hook, and a jab.
                      Rigo's tough to hit to begin with, but getting on his bike like that made it almost impossible to touch him.

Comment

Working...
                      X