Mayweather's W over Marquez Looks So Good Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what's their ring weight in '09? im sure no one knows

Comment

No it doesn't. It is now what it was then, a comeback fight against a smaller guy who wasn't acclimatised to the weight they fought at. Nothing more, nothing less.

The style matchup would always favour Mayweather but no way does he get full credit for that fight.

Comment

There's also this matter of conditioning.

Acting like the Marquez that fought Mayweather is on the same level at 147 as the guy that KO'd Pacquiao is silly.

People that claim this as a marquee win are silly fanboys.

Comment

how does it look good? he made a guy jump to a weight he hadn't been before and still cheated him on the scales

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
            Mosley is a strong WW and a power puncher. Marquez is not. No matter what size. Floyd rolled with every single punch Marquez threw at him. Even that right hand.

How did Mayweather fight a big mans fight again? He didn't push Marquez around. He outthought and outboxed him.

Marquez was used to be the clever one in the ring. It just happens that there's only one other fighter in the world who can outthink him - Floyd Mayweather. Marquez was too busy trying to calculate every move. That's not how you win fights against Mayweather.
            Bold Black: can't argue with that...but Marquez can crack though...end of the day I'll concede that...good point!!

Bold Blue: Floyd fought the type of fight Vitali or Wlad usually fights....not saying he didn't outbox Marquez, but he used his height and reach advantages VERY well...Marquez was NEVER a threat, Floyd toyed with him at times man...Marquez aint no slouch, he was just too small imo...I stand by that bro

Bold Red: thats probably true

Comment

Most of the annoying buttlicking Pac fanatics have stopped posting.

I almost hope Mayweather lose despite me being a fan of his just so we can get rid of all the buttlicking Floyd fanatics.

Fanboys, you are the worst. Have some respect for yourselves. Be a man. Not a teenage girl worshiping Justin Bieber.

Comment

no, it really doesn't.

Comment

LOL@ people who think JMM and Pacquaio are lagit WW.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                    Marquez, who "couldnt compete at 147" is now the #3 welterweight, Knocking TFO of the #1 or #2 welterweight in the world. That Win has aged pretty well huh?
                    not if you understand context it doesnt. Really dumb flojob thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      I would like for Mayweather to move up 2 weight clases and go against Martinez/GGG. And if they win, it's not because of size, it'll because of the skill they posses.
                      Only thing about that is that Mayweather naturally weighs 147...a weight thy Marquez has come into the ring with before...problem is that Floyd has never come in over 150, even at 154 fights...he's come in almost 15 lbs under people in one weight division above him...

Comment

Working...
                      X