Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think mayweather could have handled pacquiao's pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course. Mayweather was a favorite for a reason

Comment

and I don't know how much credit a Berto win is lol. Berto is like. a more garbage version of Ortiz who happens to be a weaker version of pacquiao

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
        if pacquiao fought Ortiz, he would make him quit like noone has ever quit before.

pac vs ortiz will be a war till ortiz just quits while he's actually having the most success of the fight lol.

the peterson fight was good ortiz looks like he would take it then he kinda quit again by not throwing and being less aggressive and let peterson back in the fight.

kinda funny ortiz fought two guys that got popped for steriods and almost beat both.

Comment

Just because you're a pacquiao fan doesn't mean you know the truth.

the truth is mayweather has never fought anyone like pacquiao, and pacquiao would make it into a war. He's not going to make it easy for Floyd, he's gonna make it harder than he's ever had.
          how do you figure?first off i don't know when manny became a pressure fighter so i don't know how you can even compare him to castillo and hatton and second manny was not throwing as many punches in his fights at ww watch the 3rd marquez fight and the mosley fight manny seem to be more cautious or patient around that time

Comment

Seeing these threads always make me sad that the fight never happened. There are so many things you could say to counter the advantage one of them has over the other. *sigh.

Comment

that's tomorrow lol, I meant against Ortiz my bad

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Yes, I think Floyd could have easily outboxed Pacquiao using his reach and height. It wouldn't have looked anything like the Pacquiao-Marquez fights. Floyd and Marquez might be counter punchers, but there nothing alike in style. Floyd wouldn't have needed to put himself in a firefight to counter Manny.
                Perfect answer!

Comment

If people cant see now after all that has been transpired what Floyd would have done to Manny , well they dont know boxing , guys Floyd would own Manny and is so much of a better fighter , your Manny superman punch will KO Floyd , but Manny cant stop a WW without a CW but he gunna stop the best WW , got to love it how hype sends people nuts .

Comment

Originally posted by puga
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by DLT

If JMM can handle it then Floyd could. Floyd has a better chin than JMM, is bigger, faster, stronger, with much better defense. Pac gets wild which plays into floyds hands. So unless pac catches him with s blind southpaw punch (which is possible) then Floyd beats him and maybe stops him late.

Pac has also never fought a fast accurately guy like Floyd who has top notch boxing skill an defense. Pac was great do anything is possible but is favor Floyd every time

triangle theory at it's finest....jmm and floyd fight nothing alike and jmm had plenty of experince with pac ...
                    your right floyds waaay better... but your the same one using a triangle theory for the cotto fiasco comparing FMW and MP

Comment

marquez beats pacquiao because he outhinks pacquiao and can fight at his pace, and eat his shots. I've yet to see Floyd get hit multiple times with the full power of pacquiao the way marquez has. Yeah he took two shots from Mosley, but how about a few of those every round for 12 rounds

Floyd beat marquez because while marquez was thinking(marquez is a thinking fighter, pacquiao is a KO fighter), mayweather was hitting him.

neither of those matchups can decide whether mayweather could slow pacquiao enough to fight him at his pace where he's most effective.

Hatton and Castillo are the only pressure fighters he's fought and pacquiao is better, faster and more resilient than both.
                      1) Marquez doesn't fight at manny's pace. He forces manny to lower his punch output. Floyd drops everyone's punch count.

2) pacquiao being a pressure fighter is a myth. He can't even cut off a ring nor does he steadily apply pressure

Comment

Working...
                      X