Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I Will Humble Mayweather, End His Reign!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be a good fight! 0 had to go! WAR GUERRERO BY KO.

Comment

Four Division and Six-Time world Champion Guerrero.
      This hasn't even occurred to me. One of the weakest "Multi Weight Titlists" in history. I don't even remember him as Champion of a division. This is why all these guys climbing weights trying to emulate Mayweather is getting boring.

Just stick to one division and clean it out. I like what Andre Ward is doing at 168.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I like Guerrero...I really do, but without letting my emotions get the best of me. Floyd will win this and it's the easiest fight he's had since Marquez.

Comment

I am going to blame Jesus when Guerero loses!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            This hasn't even occurred to me. One of the weakest "Multi Weight Titlists" in history. I don't even remember him as Champion of a division. This is why all these guys climbing weights trying to emulate Mayweather is getting boring.

Just stick to one division and clean it out. I like what Andre Berto is doing at 168.
            Ward. Yep. I agree.

Comment

i dont kno about the whole jesus thing but guerrero has been increasingly getting better & better. especially since his wife is in remission. i really like how he fought against berto. smothering & dishing out punishment as well as taking massive shots. his chin held up. nobodies ever smacked up berto like that. both eyes were almost completely shut. it wuz awesome. if mayweather duznt pay any1 off, or get the upside of a robbery like against castillo back in the day, he might put a hurting on him. in my opinion, mayweather is not undefeated, he's protected. karma will find him soon. good luck ghost.

Comment

Who wrote this article...Ellerbe? The first paragraph, "..both fighters are perennial pound for pound champions.."....Really?!?

Comment

Anyone can lose at anytime and if Floyd keeps fighting, sure at some point he will lose. But it would be very underwhelming to lose to Guerrero and I don't see it happening. I think people are going to be surprised to see them face to face. People keep thinking Floyd is smaller and less physical than his opponents. Ask anyone whose faced him and they will tell you he hits harder, is tougher and is stronger physically than they thought. If Cotto at JMW could not even bully or push Floyd around you all think Ghost will? Berto's demise was pretty much his own fault, and the ref allowing Ghost to hold and hit him the entire time. I know the Ghost will bring pressure, but Floyd faced pressure before. Hatton and Ortiz were all over Floyd like a cheap suit and it didn't matter. If Ghost can't hurt Floyd he will lose. I am not too worried about a BS decision going to the Ghost because there is too much money awaiting a Canelo/Floyd bout. If it goes 12 and Floyd never tastes canvas, the Ghost loses. 6 out of Guerrero's last 7 fights went 12 rounds going back to 2009 at 130 lbs. Unless Guerrero is on some serious wild PED's I just do not see him stopping or beating Floyd whatsoever. If that atomic bomb Shane hit Floyd with in round 2 didn't put him on the canvas, I just do not see anything Guerrero throws doing so. The Ghost is tough and has an iron chin and can do some serious damage but I just cannot see Floyd sitting around like Berto taking a beating round after round. I think it will be competitive though especially in the beginning but I foresee Floyd settling in, making adjustments and doing what he needs to from rounds 3-4 and on. Hopefully the ref won't allow Guerrero to foul his way through the whole fight like he did to Berto, that was ridic.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    The thing I like about Guerrero is he is not going to admire Floyd leading up to the fight like other fighters have.

Cotto let Floyd disrespect the hell out of him by watching NCAA basketball on his phone during their face off. Guerrero won't stand for **** like that.

Doesn't seem like a big deal but I don't see Guerrero being mentally defeated before the fight even starts.
                    Cotto handled things well actually, why should he have responded in that situation. If you have confidence that you will beat the person in front of you things of that nature doesn't matter.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Guerrero picked up a W. I'm going to look at the odds actually. Prison, new trainer, ring rust, age etc.

Comment

it seems like every time mayweather fights I always ask myself if this will be the time he loses....his legs clearly aren't as good as they once were, he seems much less mobile, but defense is still superb, idk...I've wanted mayweather to lose for so long but it just always seems like such a bad decision betting against the champ

Comment

Working...
                      X