Comments Thread For: Thompson Creates Controversy With Doping Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Well...

Nascar is indeed about having the best car, but that's not achieved via cheating. Fighters need to just stop the BS, man-to-man instead of my abilities and drugs against yours.
    I'm against doping in sports, not defending it at all.

But what Thompson said about allowing safe use of doping does make sense. I mean if you get caught using more than what they already allow you to take, you should lose your license, be trialed, and only come back after you're absolutely innocent.

The few guys who are trying to do something about it, Mayweather, Ward, Donaire, VADA, that's not enough. It has to be entire commissions enforcing these Olympic Style tests. You want to keep your WBC. WBA, WBO, IBF ranking, you gotta blood test for all of your fights.

Comment

Good to see Thompson goes to the UK, where guns are not allowed, & uses legalised gun ownership as an example of why people should be allowed to cheat.

Maybe boxers should be allowed to bring guns into the ring. Speed things up. I don't have time to watch a 12 round fight. I'm too busy trying to learn the latest internet dance craze.

Comment

His reference to redneck American gun laws is as ******ed as his "let everybody do PEDs in a combat sport" argument, which is a hell of an achievement when you think about it. Well done that man!

Comment

Personally speaking, I think TT would be far better advised to have his head down at the gym and concentrating on the very serious, immediate business of facing a huge, unbeaten Scouser who punches extremely hard.

Leave the pontificating to others TT, you've got a date with a massive man who is knockout artist and former Olympic medallist in front of his very scary fans. Your big fight in Liverpool should be the at the top of your agenda mate.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            The problem with legalizing cheating is the damage athletes will do to their body in an attempt to gain an edge. Long term PED use has proven to mess the body up. Above all, that's why PEDs should never be legalized.
            Excellent post.

Comment

Dude just making excuses.

Comment

Working...
              X