No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Continues To Be a Ratings Hit on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    No, I didn't look into it like that. When I first read your reply, I thought you might be right until I started thinking about it. If Broners last opponent wasn't Mexican, I would have agreed with you.
    I was just going with the ******s. truth is beyonce had no impact on Broner's fight. Most probably watched college hoops or the NBA 3 pt shootout/slam dunk contest before like me and my boys.

Beyonce's audience isn't exactly comparable to Broner's anyway. HBO has been talking about this fight for a while. Grantland on ESPN had a big article on Broner.

Kudos to Broner for making them tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad Castle View Post
      yup but whats so funny people here are so clouded that they will not even acknowledge this. Its not so serious people, of course he got helped to pull in those ratings.

1.4 million people didnt turn on the tv and change it to HBO only because they knew broner was fighting lol.
      I for one could careless what helped him the fact is 1.4 million stayed and watched. Thats good for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
        broner will be a top ppv fighter within 2 years without a doubt. he got crazy good rating against a fighter no one knows in america and a pitiful under card. i dont see how people dont see it
        If he continues to win and proves to be the real deal, he'll be bigger than Mayweather ever was, because his style is much more exciting in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          I was just going with the ******s. truth is beyonce had no impact on Broner's fight. Most probably watched college hoops or the NBA 3 pt shootout/slam dunk contest before like me and my boys.

Beyonce's audience isn't exactly comparable to Broner's anyway. HBO has been talking about this fight for a while. Grantland on ESPN had a big article on Broner.

over one most exciting fighters today? i dont buy that

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

OK, I get your drift now. Wow, I haven't used that drift comment in years. lol

Comment

If he continues to win and proves to be the real deal, he'll be bigger than Mayweather ever was, because his style is much more exciting in the ring.
              without a doubt. his defense will never be what mayweathers is but his offense will be better when all is said and done. he may break records depending the opponent

Comment

broner is gonna take floyd's spot on HBO. floyd will go to showtime so that HBO can't force him to fight Broner. That's Al Haymon's plan. plus floyd is tired of HBO telling floyd to fight tough fights. floyd just wants easy paydays from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                  over one most exciting fighters today? i dont buy that
                  I dont get this response.

Comment

OK, I get your drift now. Wow, I haven't used that drift comment in years. lol
                    Broner deserves all the credit. while I think he is too minstrel showish for my taste at times, I'm not the core demographic he and HBO are after.

He fights hard which is why people watch. And if his hair brushing and one liners bring in more people, more power to him. Just please stop rapping!!

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                      broner is gonna take floyd's spot on HBO. floyd will go to showtime so that HBO can't force him to fight Broner. That's Al Haymon's plan. plus floyd is tired of HBO telling floyd to fight tough fights. floyd just wants easy paydays from now on.
                      idiot.mayweather did this deal for broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X