Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which punch is the most POWERFUL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight right (left if you are a southpaw) should carry the most force.

Comment

I would concur the one you don't see coming. lol

Comment

The left jab.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Straight right (left if you are a southpaw) should carry the most force.
          why is this?

Comment

No punch is the most powerful. It's not about the punch that makes it powerful, it's about how the fighter uses his leverage and his body to generate the power. Some people are more powerful lifting up power from the sides and body, so their uppercuts are lethal. Some people are taller fighters, and power comes from their shoulders and their jabs and straights/crosses are brutal. Some have it both, and their hooks are monsters. If one punch was the most powerful, everyone would be using it a lot to get the advantage.

Most tactical punch for me? The jab.
            Most exciting punch? Left hook

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              So this would be for most people I apreciate someone with long arms might have a different "strongest punch" compared with a short armed fighter.

What I mean by most powerful is literally which punch produces the most force. Not nessasarily which punch is most likely to ko someone or which is most effective.

I just want to know which punch produces the most total force/power.

Im guessing for an orthadox fighter its either the right uppercut, right overhand hook, left hook, or right cross.

But which one and why?
              You tend to find that a lot of fighters have a stronger left hook than a right one. I'm not exactly sure why, but i'm guessing it has to do with the shoulders, you have to swivel around to land it. It's not like the right straight where the power comes from the back and shoulders. It may be because people aren't expecting left hooks as much. But i'm pretty sure its more powerful given a swift jerk of the shoulders and body creates a lot of power

Comment

The SSJ4 punch bro

Comment

From the tests I have seen where they measure the force it is a straight right with the orthodox fighter. Compared to martial arts punches it is way more powerful. A left hook may be more devastating in a fight as the guy gettingbhit with it may not see itcoming but as far as LBS/Square inch it is a correctly leveraged and executed straight right. By that I mean the right shoulder is back when the punch starts and is thrown from the ground up a squarer on fighter does not have the same leverage and in his case the left hook may have more on it.

Comment

the punch that you don't see coming is always the most powerful punch. boxer may have their own signature/favorite punch but it won't knock out someone who can see it from a mile away.

Comment

The counter that is thrown by JMM.

that is all...

Comment

Working...
                      X