No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Has No Issue With Donaire's VADA Request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Knew what? That Rigo wanted a Spanish contract a week ago even though Rigo didn't say anything?
    He knew that Rigondeuax had already agreed to the VADA testing, he and his team made it perfectly clear. Sending the contract in the wrong language is a Top Rank error.

Top Rank have handled this fight agreement terribly from the start. Keep in touch with the fighters, let them know what's going on and avoid any ****** drama like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      He knew that Rigondeuax had already agreed to the VADA testing, he and his team made it perfectly clear. Sending the contract in the wrong language is a Top Rank error.

Top Rank have handled this fight agreement terribly from the start. Keep in touch with the fighters, let them know what's going on and avoid any ****** drama like this.
      That's ridiculous. If something was wrong with the contract's language, they would have said something sooner, not wait a couple weeks later. Top Rank definitely had to be talking to Rigo's team when they working on the location, and you're telling me they forgot to mention the contract was in the wrong language during that entire time? Both Hyde and the Caribe guys speak English. Contracts in English are standard. There was nothing wrong with it.

Waiting more than week without signing the contract and not saying anything about the language knowing how time sensitive testing is was extremely unprofessional from Rigo.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-20-2013, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        That's ridiculous. If something was wrong with the contract's language, they would have said something sooner, not wait a couple weeks later. Top Rank definitely had to be talking to Rigo's team when they working on the location, and you're telling me they forgot to mention the contract was in the wrong language during that entire time? Both Hyde and the Caribe guys speak English. Contracts in English are standard. There was nothing wrong with it.
        The fight/location contract and the testing contract were seperate.

The fight one was handed out before the testing one. The fact that the contract had to be re-sent would suggest there was something wrong. The new one is now there and there's no more problem.

This has been another of many 'problems' with this fight that were very much avoidable.
        Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 02-20-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

If only punkazz Pacquiao signed as quickly and easily as Rigondeaux just did

Comment

So is the fight back on now?

Comment

Does anybody else find it su****ious that Nonito and Rigo would come out with this news the same day as Mayweather comes out with his news? It's the perfect timing as everybody is talking about boxing to help promote the fight. Also great job by Nonito to pressure Rigo into singing the contract immediately because Rigo was trying to stall as long as possible. I am just happy the fight looks like will happen, this will be Nonito's toughest test to date and if he passes, he will be the #1 P4P on most peoples list if he is not all ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
                Rigondeaux playing too many games man. I'm sure the VADA agreement was an integral part of the negotiations and discussed early on, so for Rigondeaux to only be concerned about it now so close to the deadline is suspect.
                Yeah the excuse that he needs the contract in Spanish is laughable. Are you telling me he can't get one of his translators to translate it for him?

Comment

you guys do realize that legal contracts aren't created in a day right? so if he got the English contract last week it's not out of the realm of possibility that it took around a week or so to get it translated AND delivered to hyde. rigo probably didn't even see it until a day after it arrived. rigo isn't just sitting in top rank's office so the contract probably had to be mailed to him. it could have been faxed or emailed but either way it would appear that they only just got it. a week to get paperwork translated doesn't seem unreasonable. even if there was a delay it would only have been a day or two.

as for using a translator to read the contract to him, that's dumb. translators are for interviews. I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to just tell me what I'm signing I want to be able to read it. besides, he basically asked a translator to translate and rewrite it in English which is the exact same thing. and why would he go out of his way to get it translated when he can just tell his promoter to as it's part of their job? the only reason why any of you guys care about this is because donaire cried about it in Twitter for no reason. if he hasn't said **** rigo would have signed it once he got it translated and no one would have cared.

I don't know any of you but I know for a fact that like rigo if any of you were about to sign a contract, you would want it in a language that you can read so I dunno why some of you are criticizing him for it. if it's the week delay, the simple answer is that it's legal documents and paperwork. that stuff always takes forever. waiting a week for an updated legal document isn't unreasonable.
                  Last edited by danktrees; 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
                    you guys do realize that legal contracts aren't created in a day right? so if he got the English contract last week it's not out of the realm of possibility that it took around a week or so to get it translated AND delivered to hyde. rigo probably didn't even see it until a day after it arrived. rigo isn't just sitting in top rank's office so the contract probably had to be mailed to him. it could have been faxed or emailed but either way it would appear that they only just got it. a week to get paperwork translated doesn't seem unreasonable. even if there was a delay it would only have been a day or two.

as for using a translator to read the contract to him, that's dumb. translators are for interviews. I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to just tell me what I'm signing I want to be able to read it. besides, he basically asked a translator to translate and rewrite it in English which is the exact same thing. and why would he go out of his way to get it translated when he can just tell his promoter to as it's part of their job? the only reason why any of you guys care about this is because donaire cried about it in Twitter for no reason. if he hasn't said **** rigo would have signed it once he got it translated and no one would have cared.

I don't know any of you but I know for a fact that like rigo if any of you were about to sign a contract, you would want it in a language that you can read so I dunno why some of you are criticizing him for it. if it's the week delay, the simple answer is that it's legal documents and paperwork. that stuff always takes forever. waiting a week for an updated legal document isn't unreasonable.
                    Good post, especially the last paragraph. The VADA portion of the contract was separate from the fight contract, from what I understand. Someone fouled-up by not conveying a Spanish-language version to Rigondeaux. I don't think the time that elapsed was necessarily unreasonable. And, as you rightfully point out, who can expect someone to sign an agreement they can't read for themselves? I'm actually proud of Guillermo for demanding documents he can read himself, instead of signing his life away like some ignorant beggar. I'll bet a lot of fighters would've just "signed on the dotted line" and gotten it over with. That's one way people are taken advantage of.

Comment

another thing that hasn't been reported.....donaire made a follow up tweet where he said that his manager told him that rigo hasn't signed it yet as he was waiting for the translated contact which confirms what hyde is saying. it would appear that rigo's team told donaire's team/manager who then failed to tell donaire until he tweeted his rant. that's an error on his manager's part, not on rigo or his team. if you want to criticize someone, look at donaire's manager.

Comment

Working...
                      X