Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you root for a boxer who beats up women?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    If i already like a fighter and he does it i like him less because of it.

If i don't like a fighter and he does it i dislike him even more.

I'd never pay for a Chris Brown concert. First because i'm not a female but also because he's a scumbag.

I think Mayweather is pathetic for hitting a woman, but i'm still a fan. I think it's important for my own integrity that i don't find excuses for fighters i support.

If we go one step further? Lets say your favorite fighter raped a child. Would you still root for him? I sure as hell wouldn't.
    Meanwhile trash like Eric Morel still gets T.V. time after he raped a 15 year old girl. Why? beacuse people still support him.

Comment

• Rooting for Floyd regardless

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf
        That's difficult to answer, because so many boxers have got into trouble for hitting their wives/women.

Mike Tyson
        Sugar Ray Robinson
        Arturo Gatti
        Jake LaMotta
        Floyd Mayweather
        Chico Corralles
        Hector Macho Camacho
        Johnny Tapia

...to name a few.
        and all of them are bottom of the totem pole in terms of respect as a man.

Comment

• that's difficult to answer, because so many boxers have got into trouble for hitting their wives/women.

Mike Tyson
          Sugar Ray Robinson
          Arturo Gatti
          Jake LaMotta
          Floyd Mayweather
          Chico Corralles
          Hector Macho Camacho
          Johnny Tapia
          ...to name a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thad Castle View Post
            Meanwhile trash like Eric Morel still gets T.V. time after he raped a 15 year old girl. Why? beacuse people still support him.
            That's on them. I sure don't root for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thad Castle View Post
              and all of them are bottom of the totem pole in terms of respect as a man.
              Maybe in your world. Many people look up to Diego Corrales and Arturo Gatti.

and no I'm not a fan of either

Comment

• most of the champions we readily apothesize are excessively violent men by nature, going all the way back to the days of Jack Broughton.

As much as we should logically dismantle the prescribed shrines we have built to them, its clear that we would lose a lot of ourselves if we rejected our idols. We crave idols, but that will never mean we cant choose to reject those flaws like the bad part of a delicious apple.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Maybe in your world.

Agree. Those fighters are legends and are remembered for their accomplishments not their faults, as all men have them.

Well, maybe some people remember Mike more for his faults

Comment

• I'm definitely rooting for Floyd in this fight.

I cannot stand Guerrero at all. It's just something about his personality that always rubs me the wrong way. I hope Floyd hospitalizes Guerrero.

Comment

• This is why I'm all for gay marriage, because when a woman starts a fight with her spouse and gets handled the man gets charged with abuse.
                      But when two ****sexuals get in a domestic scuffle they won't be able to automatically just arrest the man in the situation.
                      Hopefully this will force the police to actually do some police work and charge the person that started it in actuality.

Comment

Working...
                      X