Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Donaire-Rigondeaux in Trouble Over Drug Testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    No, they're just so desperate to hate on Donaire and claim he's ducking Rigo that they jump on everything. I'm beginning to think these people don't actually want Rigondeaux to fight Donaire.
    Donaire, one of the hardest hitters in boxing P4P, ducking this guy :

Come on now, let's be serious.

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    negotiations does not equal contract. You can negotiate all you want but at the end of the day if it's not in the contract, Rigo doesn't need to do it nor should Donaire be demanding it.
    What's in the contract comes from the negotiations. You verbally agree on something, contracts get drawn out and then it's time to sign. If you don't wanna sign something that you previously agreed to, then you're just wasting everybody's time.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      oh o k i have no problem with that but the only problem there is that is only your assumption you don't know that so i don't understsand the duh. do you talk to donaire personally?
      You don't need to talk to someone to see the Boxing world is on fire with **** coming out everyday with fighters turning up dirty. But anyone out there that thinks Donaire is agfraid of Rigo is insanely stupid because no one goes through all the negotiations and contracts and wasted hours that cost thousands of dollars of man hours of fighter time, management time, lawyer time for a fight if they are afraid. This is a fight BOTH fighters want.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Rigo agreed to testing IN HIS WORDS! They sent him the Testing Contract and Caribe said Rigo is signing Wednesday. Understand?
        Undone know **** bro vada testing was never on th original contract rigo never refused the way donaire talking on twitter sounds just like te mares situation

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Though the fight between 122-pound titleholders Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux has been announced for April 13 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City, the bout is potentially approaching a hurdle over the issue of drug testing.

“I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday [because] Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing,” wrote Donaire on Twitter on Tuesday afternoon. “Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is in front of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Rigondeaux seems to be making a lot stupid decisions considering he practically begged for this fight. Apparently, Rigondeaux and his team are the only people who think he is getting this fight because he deserves it instead of the fact that he is getting this fight because Arum couldn't justify putting Donaire in the ring with another stiff after refusing to make Donaire/Mares.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            What will be your excuse when Donaire does???
            why would i have an excuse lol ill say good for him finally i want a good fight. donaire is doing nothing but contradicting himself right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              People here don't know **** about negotiations, of course a fighter is not gonna let his opponent agree to something and then change his mind just before the press conference. Might as well drop your pants, bend over, get some lube and tell your opponent to go nice and slow.
              Donaire's people evidently don't know **** about negotiations either.
              verbal agreement? where's the proof? did they not think to get it in writing if it's something so crucial? get outta here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                Undone know **** bro vada testing was never on th original contract rigo never refused the way donaire talking on twitter sounds just like te mares situation
                Who cares what Donaire, the media, and Rigo says. Donaire asked for it, Rigo agreed, and Rigo is signing tomorrow. It is a non-issue if that happens. No one spends this much fighter time, management time, lawyer time costing thousands of dollars to lead up to this if they are afraid - and that goes for both fighters.

Comment

• this is all on rigo. after months of calling out donaire, he all of a sudden decides not to proceed with drug testing. i thought he used to fight in the olympics where they had strict drug testing regulations. why now? he's a big chicken , that's why

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    You sign contracts without reading them? There's A LOT of details in a contract, even in a simple contract.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Sure, I get that bit, that's not the bit I have trouble with.

This is the bit I have trouble with, why on earth would it take you a week to get a hold of a Spanish version of the contract? This is a deal with $750,000 on the line, and they didn't bother their asses getting it translated? Despite the fact that members of the opposing camp are publicly questioning the delay over the agreement to drug testing?

That doesn't make any sense. Then the other side go public with their intent to pull out of the fight and all of a sudden the Spanish version of the contract appears. I don't know man, if that was me and there was 750k on the line I think I might be a bit more proactive.

I think I might tell one of the multiple popular boxing sites who are always desperate for stories what was happening instead of just sitting around for a week waiting for something that should have taken ten minutes.

Maybe we'll hear more but it sounds like a weak excuse right now.

Comment

• Nothing is ever easy in boxing.

Jesus christ

Comment

Working...
                      X