No announcement yet.

He's called Money Mayweather for a reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    I'd agree if we weren't talking about Floyd Mayweather.

The guy blows money like water, Gambles hundreds of thousands a month, buys half million dollar cars consistently, and his MAIN business enterprise, Mayweather promotions/The Money Team.. earns WHAT exactly?

Lets really be real here.. If we looked at ALL of Floyds income, 98% of it comes from his fight purses.

That's why when Forbes put together highest paid athletes list, for Tiger 80% is from endorsements, Lebron is 60/40, and Floyd is 98/2.

I'm telling you, when the fight purses stop, Floyd is going to have a problem.. obviously not immediately... but it's the beginning of an endless down slope. It's his personality that you can see it.. Someone like Bernard Hopkins I dont have that feeling at all when he retires.
    again I dont disagree with you in theory. My only point is you cant assume the money being spent or gambled is not "disposable".

As for the house, while I've never purchased a $17 mil home, I doubt he got a fannie mae or freddie mac 0 money down deal. SO, like most of us, he had to have 20%, if not more.

Agree with everything you said, but you just cant assume that floyd is spending without saving.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe
      I don't care what Floyd does with his money (which he seems to be terrible with) at least he is spending it in the American economy. More than we can say for lots of these fighters who take their checks back to places like Mexico and Philippines.
      whoa there cowgirl. why should any foreigner have to spend what they earned here? you clowns love to say how vegas is the mecca of boxing and if someone wants to make a name in the sport, they need to fight here. but now they have to spend it here too? if anything you should be writing all American companies building their products overseas.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Agree with everything you said, but you just cant assume that floyd is spending without saving.
        Well, I know he has CASH in the bank. So I don't doubt he didn't put 10-20% down on him home 2-4 million.

I'm not saying he is broke, or doesn't have cash.

What I'm talking about, is when he retires and those checks stop coming in. That's when the problem happens, and then when he goes to get a NEW loan say when he's 45, and hasn't shown 80 mill a year, but rather 2 or 3 million a year.. what he can get financed is totally different.

And I know everything he spends right now is disposable, but that's only because the money is still coming in, and it will continue to for another few years.

I keep repeating it, I'm talking about when he retires, and I'm not talking about saved money in the bank.. I'm talking about passive income. Without it, you will wittle away your saved cash, no matter how much you have... it's a matter of spending habits and time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I don't care what Floyd does with his money (which he seems to be terrible with) at least he is spending it in the American economy. More than we can say for lots of these fighters who take their checks back to places like Mexico and Philippines.
          Overseas fighters create a lot of jobs and income for the US. It's far from a one-way street.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, as the "highest paid athlete" is a fraud of epic, unbelievable proportions. Boxing fans know this purely - better than anyone. The amount of entertainment value Mayweather has delivered starting with the De La Hoya fight and all subsequent fights forward isn't even a fraction, isn't even a molecule compared to what he's been rewarded. Floyd Mayweather is a Kardashian. He's Justin Beiber. All hype and no substance, value for money. It's disgusting in it's totality.

Comment

Well, I know he has CASH in the bank. So I don't doubt he didn't put 10-20% down on him home 2-4 million.

What I'm talking about, is when he retires and those checks stop coming in. That's when the problem happens, and then when he goes to get a NEW loan say when he's 45, and hasn't shown 80 mill a year, but rather 2 or 3 million a year.. what he can get financed is totally different.

And I know everything he spends right now is disposable, but that's only because the money is still coming in, and it will continue to for another few years.

I keep repeating it, I'm talking about when he retires, and I'm not talking about saved money in the bank.. I'm talking about passive income. Without it, you will wittle away your saved cash, no matter how much you have... it's a matter of spending habits and time.
              there is no debate there. i doubt seriously he would get a loan of that magnitude unless his capital gains can sustain the loan for the duration of the loan.

If the profit from outside investments and interest from his accounts (assuming he has them) can cover the cost of the prenium, he'll get loans the same way any multi millionaire that doesn't work gets them.

We can agree that the gambling and wreckless spending should be curtailed.

Comment

it cannot be explained any simpler than that! You are spot on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  there is no debate there. i doubt seriously he would get a loan of that magnitude unless his capital gains can sustain the loan for the duration of the loan.

If the profit from outside investments and interest from his accounts (assuming he has them) can cover the cost of the prenium, he'll get loans the same way any multi millionaire that doesn't work gets them.

We can agree that the gambling and wreckless spending should be curtailed.
                  I guess I said all that to say this, he's not really going to have any.

Until the next time!

Comment

Anything is possible but I doubt being broke will ever be a Floyd Mayweather problem. There's only so many expensive toys left to buy for one. Secondly, Floyd hired the best managers in the business. Sure you'll hear about a few BS ventures like clubs and rappers not making money but deals like this one with CBS makes Wall Street take notice. Floyd is so far removed financially from the other boxers that soon even Oscar's wealth may be less than, Floyd's. While fans were scurrying around like mice wondering why Floyd wasn't making his May 4th fight announcement, the Money Team was brokering a power move that has all of the sport talking. In one move Showtime has signed the biggest PPV attraction in boxing and boosted their brand. Well played, Money.

Comment

That was brilliantly put. It may well go down for him very quickly when he retires because a guy who has been used to buying what he wants with no regard to cost is going to struggle to suddenly stop doing that, and the temptation will be irresistable to turn to the only other way he knows how to make a lot of money very quickly....gambling.

Comment

Working...
                      X