No announcement yet.

He's called Money Mayweather for a reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    He's 35 and signed a 6 fight deal. Either he is going to fight a bunch of bums or he's going to really give us the best fights we want to see.
    :AOR::WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Floyd has no concept of money.

Literally.

When you reach that level, and money comes that easily (not saying he doesn't work hard) But plenty of people work hard and don't make 40 million a year.

Do you think he actually gets excited when he buys a new Rolls Royce for 400k? DO you think anything he buys he actually gets excited about or values? Also, it's not just him, but ANYONE in that situation with that kind of income, in Vegas would struggle with the reality of a dollar.

He's not going to suddenly change, he will start to change, when his bank account starts to change.. when he sees a big difference in a decreasing number of dollars and no real income coming in anymore. It will be after he retires.
      you make good points but floyd once said something that makes real sense, especially if you are a home owner like me:

the bank wont give you a $17 mil mortgage if you are broke

my guess is floyd spends a lot but has saved more than people realize

Comment

Dunn...

It actually doesn't make sense.

The bank looks at your income, they don't care about the cash you have in your bank. because anyone can blow their savings in a weekend at Vegas, it's your consistent income from your job that the bank really cares about, because if you do blow your savings, that paycheck is what's going to pay them their owed mortgage.

The point I made goes back to when he ISN'T making the type of income consistently he is now, dare I say that income might be 5-10% of what it is now and that's if he's lucky.

I guarantee you, after two years of no more 40 mill paydays, the bank will not loan him the same type of money. I literally JUST went through this as I just bought a new house.

I have plenty of cash in the bank... they don't care, they want to know about your passive income and how secure its future is.

Comment

Floyd gambles, there is a reason it is called gambling and not investing, he'll be broke no matter what amount of money he makes per fight. What's said is that it seems the TR/GBP feud has reached to the networks and this spells bad news for boxing if you ask me. People knew from the start when Showtime hired Espinoza he was "lead counsel" for Golden Boy. They found the another Al Haymon just on the network side of things, not just for boxers.

I see what Golden Boy is trying to do, they are trying to get a single promotion like UFC is. The problem is that I highly doubt guys will be getting what they are paid now if this happens as well as the fact that Top Rank isn't going anywhere. The guy that MADE Oscar AND Floyd is going anywhere? If anything they'll just push Donaire and Golovkin even more now which is actually fine with me. The only Floyd fights that ever interested me because I thought he could lose was Cotto. Now that the Manny fight will never happen I highly doubt that the Sergio fight does, no one Floyd fights will interest me again.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            you make good points but floyd once said something that makes real sense, especially if you are a home owner like me:

the bank wont give you a $17 mil mortgage if you are broke

my guess is floyd spends a lot but has saved more than people realize
            And that made sense to you....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It's good to see him getting paid as he nears the end of his career. If he plays this right....and invests the money properly...he and his children and their children should be able to live comfortably long after he hangs up the gloves.
              I really don't care bro, as long as he gives us good fights, he can have all the money he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Dunn...

It actually doesn't make sense.

The bank looks at your income, they don't care about the cash you have in your bank. because anyone can blow their savings in a weekend at Vegas, it's your consistent income from your job that the bank really cares about, because if you do blow your savings, that paycheck is what's going to pay them their owed mortgage.

The point I made goes back to when he ISN'T making the type of income consistently he is now, dare I say that income might be 5-10% of what it is now and that's if he's lucky.

I guarantee you, after two years of no more 40 mill paydays, the bank will not loan him the same type of money. I literally JUST went through this as I just bought a new house.

I have plenty of cash in the bank... they don't care, they want to know about your passive income and how secure its future is.
                True, but if your money comes from capital investments, which most of the people you are talking about at this income level have, then you have the steady stream of income from the interest.

I understand your point about not lending regular people money, but as you already established people at this income level are not regular. he wont even make 5-10% of the $40 mil paydays.

I'm not negating all your points, I just think any high earner has the ability to save and invest and make money off capital gains that we as regular people do not see. we see floyd gambling and we assume he is using his everyday money when in fact he is likely using disposable income and has the other things taken care of.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

If Floyd has a little sense he'll hire someone smart to manage his money. That's all I'm saying. I hope he does.

But even if he doesn't the man is paid. It will take a while to burn through all of this money.

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  I see what Golden Boy is trying to do, they are trying to get a single promotion like UFC is.
                  Broner is still with HBO. If anything Golden Boy is helping the sport by making Showtime competitive again. In a free market economy competition is usually good, monopolies are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    I'm not negating all your points, I just think any high earner has the ability to save and invest and make money off capital gains that we as regular people do not see.
                    I'd agree if we weren't talking about Floyd Mayweather.

The guy blows money like water, Gambles hundreds of thousands a month, buys half million dollar cars consistently, and his MAIN business enterprise, Mayweather promotions/The Money Team.. earns WHAT exactly?

Lets really be real here.. If we looked at ALL of Floyds income, 98% of it comes from his fight purses.

That's why when Forbes put together highest paid athletes list, for Tiger 80% is from endorsements, Lebron is 60/40, and Floyd is 98/2.

I'm telling you, when the fight purses stop, Floyd is going to have a problem.. obviously not immediately... but it's the beginning of an endless down slope. It's his personality that you can see it.. Someone like Bernard Hopkins I dont have that feeling at all when he retires.

Comment

Not to use a 50 quote about Floyd but I think there is a lot of truth to it... When you make the kind of money Floyd does, there's no sense of "urgency" to... anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X