Comments Thread For: HBO Statement on Mayweather Going To Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Hbo> showtime
    You really should become a wrestling fan, you'll find plenty of half witted like minded fans who'll argue with you all day long about "my fighter is better than your fighter" honestly, you'll love it, you'll never have to leave your keyboard and mouse again.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Ill take Max Jim And Roy over Showtime any day. HBO has Roy...Showtime has Paulie....lol

As for fights. HBO

If the fights get better i may cross over...
      Paulie is actually a good commentator. Tarver was great too. Seems they ditched him after steroid accusations. Tarver was my favorite boxer/commentator.

Comment

This is a good thing for HBO and boxing in the long term. HBO has been riding the Mayweather/Pacquaio money train for a decade. It's time for them to begin investing in up and coming fighters and stop giving boring guys like Bradley and Alexander $1,000,000 per fight. It's not good business and it's not good television.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
          This is a good thing for HBO and boxing in the long term. HBO has been riding the Mayweather/Pacquaio money train for a decade. It's time for them to begin investing in up and coming fighters and stop giving boring guys like Bradley and Alexander $1,000,000 per fight. It's not good business and it's not good television.

excellent post, green k sent..............

Comment

paulie is a good blabbermouth but is terrible at scoring fights he knows he got whooped in the cano fight.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
              nah, still bad for boxing... we all know this wil be floyd vs C-fighters... it will be good in boxing if these huge money is well distributed to worthy boxers not concentrated to one/two boxers... this one/two superstars getting high payday even fighting low quality opponents, networks pampering them so much! while the other worthy boxer is not getting anything...

Comment

hell if i was hbo i would of dropped floyd a long time ago. get rid of hopkins, bradley, alexander and give rios, avarado, garcia, maidana, lopez, broner multi million dollar paydays in my opinion these guys truly deserve it.

Comment

These jack-of-all-trades cable networks are outdated, there needs to be a network dedicated to boxing available both on cable and the internet. They would make tons of money with advertising and the big fights would be on ppv.

Comment

HBO has Broner to invest in, which he calls himself Mr. HBO. I guess u can say this was a perfect time for Floyd to exit the company. Broner is going to carry that torch that Floyd passed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                      Roy is better than Paulie but Al Bernstein is better than Lampley and Kellerman
                      Yeah, agreed, give me Al Bernstein, Gus Johnson, and Paulie any day over Lampley, Kellerman, and Roy.

Paulie is orders of magnitude better than RJJ. RJJ has trouble putting thoughts together, he gives no insight into specific strategies or punches happening in the fight, and he's more likely to just chuckle and agree with whatever Lampley and Kellerman have to say. Paulie likes to offer his own opinion even if it's not exactly what Bernstein is saying. His guido humor is funny as fcuk

WAYYY less ego in the Showtime crew.

Comment

Working...
                      X