Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum, Marquez To Meet on Wednesday, Talk Pacquiao 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't blame Pac for wanting to have another go at Marquez but I think he will probably get knocked out again, maybe even earlier. Marquez just figured him out and does better everytime they fight, not to mention Pac's punch resistance may not be the same. It would be a sad way to end his career, I think his advisers should protect him from himself but they're just a bunch of yes men who wanna get paid. Roach should stop the fight from happening and tell Pac to retire, like Eddie Futch did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      So now most money is inside the US?

JMM wants Rios and Arum says JMM is not negotiating with him but with Pac? Load of croak! Real boxing fans know he is negot with Arum so offer Rios.

This fight is going to be force fed to us
      No doubt, you guys have cornered the market on nonsense. But, don't spread it around so much... You syill don't understand the boxing business, it's not a sport, it used to be unbtil money came along. You don't have to watch it, and you certainly will stream it for free.You won't waste good money on boxing wgen you want beer.

As for FORCE FEEDING..... This just can't happen....... unless you're a GOOSE....

Comment

Bob is gonna build a stadium in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Arums going to make him an offer he cant refuse
          $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Pacquiao JMM 5...coming right up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Yes, Ladies and Gents, when Bob really wants something he will get it.
              What Arum wants is to make the most money for all concerned. He also wants to remain in premier business mode, in keeping with the reputation of his company.

I'm certain that you wll know that he works for the fighters, especially the star names, like Pacquiao. His job, as he's repeated over and over, and over again, is to present to his principals, the various financial and/or tax (as he's just pointed out in his comment about US tax being deducted from Philippine Tax) advantages or otherwise of fighting certain opponents, the best venues etc for making what they want to make from the fight.

It's like going to a stockbroker and saying, I have a million dollars, I want to invest it to make a minimum of 10%. The stockbroker then advises you on the best an wrorst scenarios showing you a variety of investments, and his advice on each one.

Arum can"want", but in the final analysis, it's what Pacquiao wants which wins. Arum works the same way all promoters work...only far better.

You know all this, which is why your constant Arum bashing smells of racism and envy. A pity.
              Last edited by edgarg; 02-18-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                What Arum wants is to make the most money for all concerned. He also wants to remain in premier business mode, in keeping with the reputation of his company.

I'm certain that you wll know that he works for the fighters, especially the star names, like Pacquiao. His job, as he's repeated over and over, and over again, is to present to his principals, the various financial and/or tax (as he's just pointed out in his comment about US tax being deducted from Philippine Tax) advantages or otherwise of fighting certain opponents, the best venues etc for making what they want to make from the fight.

It's like going to a stockbroker and saying, I have a million dollars, I want to invest it to make a minimum of 10%. The stockbroker then advises you on the best an wrorst scenarios showing you a variety of investments, and his advice on each one.

Arum can"want", but in the final analysis, it's what Pacquiao wants which wins. Arum works the same way all promoters work...only far better.

You know all this, which is why your constant Arum bashing smells of racism and envy. A pity.
                Now that is nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  This fight is going to be force fed to us
                  Are you being forced to buy it or watch it?? Somehow I thought being a Boxing Spectator was not required by law.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Are you being forced to buy it or watch it?? Somehow I thought being a Boxing Spectator was not required by law.
                    You clowns that are trying to make a point are taking what i wrote to literally. And as a boxing fans if you want to watch boxing this night then YES we are being force fed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      The initial thread had like 5 legitimate posters.
                      A Thread on Boxingscene doesnt count as estimated earnings and buys for a 5th fight. That goes without saying. So you are willing to bet me $1,000?? I seriously promise that you will lose the $1,000 - you do not want to go there. Because a 5th fight will make as much if not more buys than the last fight which many people said didn't need to happen, yet it pulled in serious money. Money talks, bull**** walks.

Comment

Working...
                      X