Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best fighter you think Khan could beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he can beat Garcia if he stays away from that left hook. He needs to fight Peterson that was one hell of a fight that I thought he won f**king ref got himself involved. He needs to fight Prescott in the UK in April those three fighters in 2013 if he wins all three fights. Then Broner in 2014.

Comment

Khan's already beaten the best fighter he'll ever beat : An 87 year old Marco Antonio Barrera.

Comment

At 140? Peterson, maybe Alvarado but I wouldn't put money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
          Khan can't beat Bradley. I would like to see the fight but Bradley woud show Khan up by pressure and exposing him on the inside. Khan is just too weak in those areas.
          You can only put khan under pressure if u hit hard lol

Bradley is far from that

Even peterson hits harder especially with all that testosterone than bradley

Comment

Timothy Bradley, but he is now in Bob's clutches.

Comment

Peterson and Alexander.

I think Bradley would take Khan apart.

Comment

I think he wins against Bradley. Bradley is a rounded fighter but doesn't really excel at anything in particular besides resilience and resolve. Khan is too fast for many people, he'd work Bradley. Khan is sharp when he wants to be, if he shows up guns blazing, Bradley is gonna have a loooong night.

I also think Khan outpoints Rios by a large margin. Which come to think about it, would be a pretty interesting fight. Rios DOES NOT stop coming forward. Good chin even if he can get wobbled from time to time. Output rate is questionable, he doesn't out punch Khan unless they get into exchanges.

I also think he beats Broner. He's flatfooted, wide stance, lots of power shots, tired by the 6th. Khan is tall, fast, with his hands as he is moving around the ring. He throws LOTS of punches, he may not be as strong as Broner but he'll land something worth while. If a small guy like Gavin Rees gave Broner trouble, Khan can shine against Broner.

Other than that, I think he gets served by a lot of people 140/147. Some fights I'd like to see him in is (besides the two mentioned) Brook, Bradley, Guerrero, Ortiz, Matthyse.

Comment

bradley - i'm not saying he would defo beat bradley or anything but kahn's problem is guys who can bang - bradley hits like gandhi

Comment

He could theoretically beat any of the top guys at 140 if he fights them in the proper fashion, he has the tools to do it the question is does he have the wherewithal to stick to his guns for 12 rounds and not get sucked into doing things that don't benefit his chances of winning.

Peterson ~ Khan fought a terrible fight and it was still close
                    Garcia ~ Khan was doing alright until he got nailed by a left hook, a guy with Khan attributes should be able to handle a left hook dominant fighter

Matthysse ~ is prone to lulls, if Khan fights in a way that limits action he can win that fight also.

All that COULD happen but it depends on Khan actually working on a proper approach to boxing, if he keeps playing checkers he will find ways to fall short but if he graduates to chess who knows what he could do.

Comment

Patrick Lopez probably KO's Khan early but he may have a chance against someone just outside of the top 50. Maybe he can move up to 147 and fight Paulie Mallignaggi, but the Brooklyn native has improved markedly since their last fight and has a TKO over the under-rated Senchenko, so he probably loses in a wide decision or maybe gets stopped late. His best option is to retire. I'm sorry but there just isn't a place for a weak jawed fighter at any weight, especially at world level.

Comment

Working...
                      X