Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The notion that older Heavyweights couldn't beat Heavyweight's the size of today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
    We are in a HW thread.

P4P has been invented to make non-heavies feel good about themselves. P4P Floyd Mayweather beats Mike Tyson. P4P in a superheavyweight thread makes no sense.
    You still haven't answered the question, Klittard.

If the Eastern Europeans, regardless of weightclass, are so good then why are there none in the top 5 P4P?

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Lol. If you mean the best pawing and useless jab ever then I'm inclined to agree.

If you want to see an ATG HW jab then go look at some Larry Holmes film.

Holmes' jab >>> Wlad's lackluster jab
      “In terms of jab, Wladimir is the best and after him I would put Lennox." - Steward.

Go educate yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        “In terms of jab, Wladimir is the best and after him I would put Lennox." - Steward.
        Oh yeah, now there's an unbiased opinion if ever I saw one.

Lol.

Gotta love Klittard "logic"...
        Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 02-19-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Oh yeah, now there's an unbiased opinion if ever I saw one.

Lol.

Gotta love Klittard "logic"...
          No, but your opinion is unbiased...

Gotta feel sorry for trolls!

I'm done here...

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            If you're going to put Baer, Marcianno and Braddock into Joe's era you may as well put Evander, Toney and Mercer into the Klitschko era.
            In what world is what you are saying meaningful?
            - Joe Louis actually faced Baer, Marciano and Braddock. That is why I mentioned them, I am not 'putting them in Joe's era', no - Joe actually fought them, and prime versions of them too!
            - the Klitschos combined fought only one of the current guys you mentioned, Mercer, and he isnt good enough to lace Baer's boots. Klits would both run scared ****less from Baer, Marciano and Braddock, and havent even dared to face (to them) midget sized Toney and Holyfield. You've used a comparison which is completely and blatantly non applicable.

And Braddock was nothing.
            no quote could be more opposite and unmeaningful. Braddock was a real man and undisputed champion who would hav ruled for years if Joe hadnt come along. Its the keyboard warrior who claims that Braddock is nothing, who is truely nothing.

Ask your grandad about JJB if you dont know the details.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

A good big man beats a good small man rings true. Joe Louis could beat up Valuev, but against someone like Vitali I think he ends up getting stopped. Lewis showed us what happens when a skilled big man fought skilled smaller men.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                No, but your opinion is unbiased...

Gotta feel sorry for trolls!

I'm done here...
                You were done on your first post, Klittard...

Comment

max and buddy bear were huge guys as well. both had 80 + inches of reach. buddy was 6'6" max was 6'3" ish, but he had huge shoulders and arms, and was a big puncher.

of course joe louis could smash top 10 HW today.

Comment

This thread is like a bad rehash of the one's that often popped up in the pre-moderated history section

Comment

• Originally posted by croz View Post
                      If Tony Galento can knock down and humiliate Louis I'd give many heavies today a fair chance. How can anyone say the likes of Wlad, Vitali, Haye or Adamek wouldn't stand a chance when fricking Tubbsy here can do it?

Well if ross purity can knock Wladimirs d-i-c-k loose and easily have him KTFO what makes you think Joe Louis can't?

Comment

Working...
                      X