No announcement yet.

Rios calls out broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    And Em talks about his Mommy issues daughter, and then the other half talking about gays and and how crazy he is, real deep man
    daughters, his childhood relations with his family, his life growing up in detroit, politics, his best friend being murdered after attaining fame, his addiction to drugs, his struggles with the fame and being in the public eye, his relationships with females in general, and his everyday punchlines that are lyrically more complex on average than anything Banks usually says.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      "Kid" I'm willing to bet I'm older than you, or around the same age.

Jay raps about bulls**t too. When we talked content, you mentioned even less than I did on Em's part.....

Em's bars are far more complex than Jay's, his multi syllabic rhymes are tougher, and his punchlines are crisper as well.

Accolades......as far as grammy's, Jay jas piggy backed a lot of grammy wins off of other artists songs. That's just a fact. Umbrella, Crazy In Love, Swagga Like Us, come to mind.
      I have to agree with pturtle. Actually, in terms of who's greater I don't think there really is an argument for Em being greater than Hov, certainly not the greatest of all time. I notice you used words like 'opinion' to discredit pturtles argument, yet you use words like tougher and crisper to describe aspects of Em's ability, which do not represent facts but your own opinion. I don't blame you for that but I'm going to try to be objective with my reasoning for why Hov is greater than Em:

1: Versatility - I could simply say that Jay-z has far more range when it comes to making songs. I could go into detail but I don't need to because something pturtle brought up proves it. It's one thing to be able to make songs ranging from topics like love and being a father to songs about drug dealing and the inner city struggle, but Jay-Z has been more successful at it than anyone. Even if Em could make party music and music for females, he's never been able to do it with any success. People just don't want to hear that from him. When's the last time you went to a club or bar and heard an Eminem song? But I promise you'll hear 'Big Pimpin' and 'Empire State of Mind' before the night is done..those are two completely different songs but the fact is, Jay is a more well rounded artist. Imagine Eminem making a track like 'Excuse Me Miss'..he just can't do it

2: Lyricism - There are a lot of facets of lyricism. Wordplay is one of them and I'll be the first to admit when it comes to wordplay Em's skill is unmatched. But Em's multi-syllabic rhyme patterns and wild flows only relate to wordplay. In other words, Em gets by on his excellent manipulation of word sounds. However, when it comes to laying with the meaning of words, he's hardly in Jay-Z's class. You say his punchlines are crisper, I would like an example. Let's look at 'Renegade', the song everyone claims Em killed Jay in, but where's the punchlines or metaphors from Em in that song? They're not there, it's all flow and wordplay (Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen I aint no politician but i'll kick it with them a minute). Jay's first verse was a long metaphor (the renegade, you been afraid, I penetrate pop cuiture bring them a lot closer to the block....how that sound to ya, jot it down, ill bring you through the ****** without riding round). On the flipside, Jay's second verse had the same wordplay skill that Em demonstrated (do not step to me i'm awkward I box lefty, a orphan my pops left me, and often my momma wasn't home)..basically Jay did what Em did but Em didn't do what Jay did

I could go on with more points but these are the two most important aspects of this argument in my opinion...like pturtle said when it comes to albums, Em can't touch Jay because Jay has too many certified classics. Em has the grammy's but that doesn't mean much, Pac, Big and Nas never won grammys for anything, let alone best rap album.

Jay is the Jordan of rap, Em is literally like Larry Bird and that's not just cause he's white. He's great, definitely top 5 but he doesn't hve the all around ability and accolades to match Jay.

Comment

So once I again I’m allowed to believe that because of the majority? So you can’t think Biggie is overrated then, I guess you can’t think he’s limited
        You can think what you want, doesn't make it not ignorant. You yourself just flat out admitted Biggie's lyrics were limited to life in the hood, b*tches, money, and women.......

Comment

• Hey look, an alt of someone.

Comment

daughters, his childhood relations with his family, his life growing up in detroit, politics, his best friend being murdered after attaining fame, his addiction to drugs, his struggles with the fame and being in the public eye, his relationships with females in general, and his everyday punchlines that are lyrically more complex on average than anything Banks usually says.
            Not even, Banks usually talks about hardships of growing up in the hood, poverty, dead friends being locked up all that bro, nice try

Comment

• And Jay does that better then both guys men put together

Comment

• Originally posted by DisKidSuperb View Post
                I have to agree with pturtle. Actually, in terms of who's greater I don't think there really is an argument for Em being greater than Hov, certainly not the greatest of all time. I notice you used words like 'opinion' to discredit pturtles argument, yet you use words like tougher and crisper to describe aspects of Em's ability, which do not represent facts but your own opinion. I don't blame you for that but I'm going to try to be objective with my reasoning for why Hov is greater than Em:

1: Versatility - I could simply say that Jay-z has far more range when it comes to making songs. I could go into detail but I don't need to because something pturtle brought up proves it. It's one thing to be able to make songs ranging from topics like love and being a father to songs about drug dealing and the inner city struggle, but Jay-Z has been more successful at it than anyone. Even if Em could make party music and music for females, he's never been able to do it with any success. People just don't want to hear that from him. When's the last time you went to a club or bar and heard an Eminem song? But I promise you'll hear 'Big Pimpin' and 'Empire State of Mind' before the night is done..those are two completely different songs but the fact is, Jay is a more well rounded artist. Imagine Eminem making a track like 'Excuse Me Miss'..he just can't do it

2: Lyricism - There are a lot of facets of lyricism. Wordplay is one of them and I'll be the first to admit when it comes to wordplay Em's skill is unmatched. But Em's multi-syllabic rhyme patterns and wild flows only relate to wordplay. In other words, Em gets by on his excellent manipulation of word sounds. However, when it comes to laying with the meaning of words, he's hardly in Jay-Z's class. You say his punchlines are crisper, I would like an example. Let's look at 'Renegade', the song everyone claims Em killed Jay in, but where's the punchlines or metaphors from Em in that song? They're not there, it's all flow and wordplay (Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen I aint no politician but i'll kick it with them a minute). Jay's first verse was a long metaphor (the renegade, you been afraid, I penetrate pop cuiture bring them a lot closer to the block....how that sound to ya, jot it down, ill bring you through the ****** without riding round). On the flipside, Jay's second verse had the same wordplay skill that Em demonstrated (do not step to me i'm awkward I box lefty, a orphan my pops left me, and often my momma wasn't home)..basically Jay did what Em did but Em didn't do what Jay did

I could go on with more points but these are the two most important aspects of this argument in my opinion...like pturtle said when it comes to albums, Em can't touch Jay because Jay has too many certified classics. Em has the grammy's but that doesn't mean much, Pac, Big and Nas never won grammys for anything, let alone best rap album.

Jay is the Jordan of rap, Em is literally like Larry Bird and that's not just cause he's white. He's great, definitely top 5 but he doesn't hve the all around ability and accolades to match Jay.
                Thank you for breaking that down to this fool, hopefully his reading skills are good enough because he’s been arguing with me all night and not reading a thing i said

Comment

• Originally posted by DisKidSuperb View Post

Imagine Jay making a song like Stan....he just can't do it.

Your second point on Renegade is strictly opinion. You say one line was better or more clever than the other....but others may disagree with you....

Jay has two for sure classics, one borderline. Same goes for Em.

Comment

Not even, Banks usually talks about hardships of growing up in the hood, poverty, dead friends being locked up all that bro, nice try
                    All centered around one theme.....

Comment

Hey look, an alt of someone.
                      I been arguing with you for the past hour and I had time to write all of that hahah yea give up bro

Comment

Working...
                      X