No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Punishes a Very Game Rees For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    He's still young. Maybe it's possible he didn't have his best night and still got a very game fighter out of there and took some good shots. I think we're sometimes to quick to dismiss fighters, especially when they're young and still learning their craft. He's extremely gifted and he has some dog in him, meaning when he gets hit, he doesn't retreat...he fires back. I say cut him some slack, he's still very young.
    That's what I like about him. He's ****y, but that could be good for the fans. His ego will make him an exciting fighter.

Comment

• As for his brashness, I don't mind it. He's smart, in the end it will sell tickets, more money in his pocket. As long as he doesn't become a complete douche, he's fine.

Comment

• We all expected that but Rees gave a better showing , I said round 3 he went 3 more I think. Hes wrong about being the future of boxing cuz most likely that will be Canelo.

Comment

• forgive for not having watched the fight yet but tell me this. was broner hesitant at times, which allowed rees to land some shots? broner has that habit to be hesitant at times. Last time someone decided to fight discliplined and at a distance and box and make broner think was ponce de leon. mostly Everyone since then has had some success landing shots on him but ended up fighting on the inside and eventually getting tore up. Broner did whaT was expected of him ,but certainly leaves questions for dominant perfomances at higher weights if matched according.

Comment

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
            As for his brashness, I don't mind it. He's smart, in the end it will sell tickets, more money in his pocket. As long as he doesn't become a complete douche, he's fine.
            too late for that

Comment

• I dont know what some people expect from Broner. He fought a solid former world champ and had a competitive couple of round then stopped him in 5? And hes only 23? Looking forward to his future.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                Broner: I'm still the can man! I will fight anybody they put in front of me! Anybody can get it!

Kellerman: So does that mean you'll fight the winner of Vasquez/Burns?

Broner: UUUHHHHH who's that? Were gonna go back to the drawing board with Al Haymon and goldenboy.

Another hater read the THREAD from earlier that BURNS himself saying he was not prepared to fight Broner tonight although his December fight got canceled yet your going to try and spin it as if Broner is scared. Man get your bytch made ass outta here.

And Vazquez would get stomped out, easy work and bums like you would just shyt on Vazquez after he got annihilated. And that dude is with top rank, when is the last time Golden Boy and top rankg event put on a large event together?? Donaire/Mares doesn't ring a bell??

Ok shut the hell up and watch greatness punk

Comment

• The thing with Broner is that he's lifting weights too much, you can see the stiffness from it in the way he moves, no where near as agile and quick as Floyd was. He's also much slower at 135 compared to 130, powerful but slow, I figure he will be even a tad slower at 140.

I said i before I'll say it again, Broner will not be able to walk everyone he fights down, which is where he will run into a "problem"

But I'd really like to see a Broner vs Matthyese a fight like that could really prove his worth, I need to see more versatility.

Comment

• Really good win for Broner!

Comment

• Broner better hope and pray his power carries to 140, because that is the biggest reason he wins fights, by far. If his power doesn't carry, he will get ****ed up by someone moving up.

EDIT: My opinion of Broner's cleverness as a speaker went WAY down after that post fight interview.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X