Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Guerrero go back to being a cherrypick fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I don't really believe that. I think he fought Cotto because he was a natural welter, not a true 154lb fighter. Trout/Martinez are bigger, stronger opponents, whereas Canelo was fighting at 147 not long ago.
    Last I checked Cotto was always bigger than Floyd. He was bigger than Floyd at 140, 147, and you guess it 154 too. If I remember correctly that natural WW Cotto turned down 6 mil to fight Manny at 148 AFTER THE FLOYD FIGHT. Not to mention he did also fight Trout at 154 as well. Now if you want to say Cotto was shot than fine. But that didnt stop everybody from crowning Trout the second coming afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      The point is, they're both cherry picks, but the other cherry pick is boring beyond words.

Also, Floyd set it up that way, so people would just let him have his little Guerrero fight, and hype it up like it's Sweet Pea vs Chavez Sr.
      YOU ARE MISSING WHAT HE IS SAYIN LOL... Illmatic is askin if they are cherry pics, then how can people come out with just after the devon tweet from floyd that floyd was duckin GUERRERO???

PERFECTLY LOGICAL QUESTION FROM ILLMATIC... Who cares how you feel about them lol Fact remains that many posts on here were sayin that floyd was duckin Guerrero......

So in the vein of illmatics questioning and in the same vein as the op, how was it a cherry pick, and then a duck, and now back to a lame fight????

Its a decent fight..... You guys have no shame..... When manny was fightin, sergio came out and said he would whoop manny silly basically.....

I saw every excuse, mannys too small, not comfortable @ 154 etc.....

Now you batches are asking for floyd to challenge himself and take a risky fight by fighting the middle weight king.....

You are asking him to fight a reigning champion multiple divisions higher than himself!!!!!!

10 months ago trout wasnt even a factor, until he beat the same guy in cotto in whom floyd beat as well...

now if he fights canelo, people say he doesnt want trout, keep in mind this time last year trout wasnt even in da equation.....

you heauxs keep throwing people at Floyd theres no way he can fight all the people yall askin for!!!!

Its so obvious yall want him to lose.....lol

BUT HE WONT....

IF PAC WAS FIGHTIN GUERRERO LOSS OR NOT, IT WOULD BE A DECENT FIGHT, PLUS HES FLOYDS MANDATORY .....

HES EARNED HIS FIGHT....

TRUTH BE TOLD PAC FIGHTING MARQUEZ WAS REALLY CHERRY PICKIN GOES WRONG.....

JUST LIKE THE 5TH FIGHT IS A WASTE OF TIME......

PAC SIMPLY COULDNT KEEP WINNIN AND LOST TO MARQUEZ WHOM COULDNT BEAT FLOYD RIGHT NOW WITH HIS NEW FOUND STRENGTH .....

WHATS FUNNY IS DA GUY THAT JUST KNOCKED MANNY OUT WOULD BE A CHERRY PICK 4 FLOYD LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pan-africanist View Post
        last i checked cotto was always bigger than floyd. He was bigger than floyd at 140, 147, and you guess it 154 too. If i remember correctly that natural ww cotto turned down 6 mil to fight manny at 148 after the floyd fight. Not to mention he did also fight trout at 154 as well. Now if you want to say cotto was shot than fine. But that didnt stop everybody from crowning trout the second coming afterwards.
        exactly!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          Two months ago Guerrero was looked at as a cherrypick fight. Then the haters flip flopped and changed to Floyd is ducking Guerrero. One guy even started a thread saying Guerrero was the most ducked fighter in boxing today lol. Im simply asking when this fight finally gets confirmed how will fans look at Guerrero?
          They are similar. Difference is Alexander has shown to be "mentally" weaker and more of a boxer. So people feel Floyd would prefer a fighter that will not pressure as much ..... Floyd fans make me laugh on how they try so hard to make Floyd's next fight be more than it real is.

See below to see who Floyd may be fighting next. Neither of the two possess the "risk" factor that we would expect:

Guerrero fights at WW:
          Aydin - lost 2 in a row including to Jesus Karass
          Berto - lost 2 of last 3. Was PEDs free against Guerrero

Devon Alexander fights at WW:
          Randall Bailey - Can't pull the trigger. Punchers chance fighter.
          Maidana - It was 2 fighters who just moved up from 140

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            Guerrero is a much better fight than Alexander.

It's still an easy fight.

Cherry pick? Hell no. Who is he supposed to fight?

And if it's Canelo-Trout on the same card with the winner fighting Floyd, how could anyone NOT love that?
            How can any of you guys say Guerrero is an easy fight? Stupid ass comment!!
            The ghost is gonna fight with blood sweat and heart, ca t under estimate a hungry fighter like Robert. The Ghost never gets respect but he will on May 4th when he takes that '0' from Floyd

Comment

Last I checked Cotto was always bigger than Floyd. He was bigger than Floyd at 140, 147, and you guess it 154 too. If I remember correctly that natural WW Cotto turned down 6 mil to fight Manny at 148 AFTER THE FLOYD FIGHT. Not to mention he did also fight Trout at 154 as well. Now if you want to say Cotto was shot than fine. But that didnt stop everybody from crowning Trout the second coming afterwards.
              The point was that Trout and Martinez are bigger than Cotto, i.e. 154lb+ fighters. Cotto couldn't hurt Trout, he was too big and powerful.

Anyway, the point I was making is that I don't believe FMJ would be keen to fight Martinez/Trout purely on a size basis.

Comment

Floyd vs Serg is a big fight because Floyds a superstar. It has nothing to do with Serg. Cotto and Canelo have big fanbases and if networks and sponsers are paying these huge garuntees they need the best possible return on their investment. Its good business. You obviously never ran your own business before.
                Floyd/Serg is a huge fight, because Serg did great numbers with Chavez jr., and is regarded as a top 5 P4P fighter. They could sell this fight as P4P vs. P4P.

Didn't I just say Canelo would do double the buys of Guerrero/Alexander?

You just said they need a return on their investment. Sergio said he'd do a 80/20 split, and that's a guaranteed huge money maker.

You obviously just talk out of your ass to make your self sound smart.

Comment

You can't cherry pick your mandatory. If Floyd was active this would be a good fight. If he fights Guerrero once this year and hibernates for another year and a half then its a issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FALLENSOLDIER View Post
                    YOU ARE MISSING WHAT HE IS SAYIN LOL... Illmatic is askin if they are cherry pics, then how can people come out with just after the devon tweet from floyd that floyd was duckin GUERRERO???

PERFECTLY LOGICAL QUESTION FROM ILLMATIC... Who cares how you feel about them lol Fact remains that many posts on here were sayin that floyd was duckin Guerrero......

So in the vein of illmatics questioning and in the same vein as the op, how was it a cherry pick, and then a duck, and now back to a lame fight????

Its a decent fight..... You guys have no shame..... When manny was fightin, sergio came out and said he would whoop manny silly basically.....

I saw every excuse, mannys too small, not comfortable @ 154 etc.....

Now you batches are asking for floyd to challenge himself and take a risky fight by fighting the middle weight king.....

You are asking him to fight a reigning champion multiple divisions higher than himself!!!!!!

10 months ago trout wasnt even a factor, until he beat the same guy in cotto in whom floyd beat as well...

now if he fights canelo, people say he doesnt want trout, keep in mind this time last year trout wasnt even in da equation.....

you heauxs keep throwing people at Floyd theres no way he can fight all the people yall askin for!!!!

Its so obvious yall want him to lose.....lol

BUT HE WONT....

IF PAC WAS FIGHTIN GUERRERO LOSS OR NOT, IT WOULD BE A DECENT FIGHT, PLUS HES FLOYDS MANDATORY .....

HES EARNED HIS FIGHT....

TRUTH BE TOLD PAC FIGHTING MARQUEZ WAS REALLY CHERRY PICKIN GOES WRONG.....

JUST LIKE THE 5TH FIGHT IS A WASTE OF TIME......

PAC SIMPLY COULDNT KEEP WINNIN AND LOST TO MARQUEZ WHOM COULDNT BEAT FLOYD RIGHT NOW WITH HIS NEW FOUND STRENGTH .....

WHATS FUNNY IS DA GUY THAT JUST KNOCKED MANNY OUT WOULD BE A CHERRY PICK 4 FLOYD LOL
                    That's precisely what the OP asked. SMDH. The answer is, ONLY A FEW PEOPLE WERE SAYING THAT. Not to mention there was a thread made saying, "Floyd announced the Alexander fight to lessen the blow of the Guerrero fight."

How hard is that to understand? I think about 10 people have already said that.

Good Lord.

P.S. your Ilmmatics ALT. Flowmos, just like their idol have no balls or shame.
                    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-16-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      You can't cherry pick your mandatory. If Floyd was active this would be a good fight. If he fights Guerrero once this year and hibernates for another year and a half then its a issue.
                      Floyd's mandatory is Trout/Canelo/Lara, depending on the JMW rankings, haven't checked.

Obviously Guerrero is his mandatory at WW, but it's pretty damn obvious why he took this fight.

Don't even say it was for the money. Guerrero doesn't make dollars or sense. Not a money fight, and not a legacy fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X