Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Guerrero go back to being a cherrypick fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like guerrero was the one to pick floyd. floyd didnt want to fight any one of these guys guerrero included. hes not even supposed to be in this position! pac wasnt supposed to get KOed and floyds boxing utopia was supposed to go undisturbed!

floyd then tried desperately to get his friend devon to play pattycake with him on may 4th but that fails

floyd said he didnt know who robert was just last year. robert mentioned mayweather's name first, he's cherrypicking floyd.

ill bump the thread when floyd pizza face is forming.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      That's essentially what Floyd wanted though. He knew, and we knew that fight was another easy pay day, but announcing Alexander was such a shock, and even more garbage, that compared to that fight, Guerrero is like fighting Manny at this point.

Still a garbage fight, but way more entertaining than Alexander. Nothing's really changed, besides Floyd throwing a curve ball, by announcing the Alexander fight.
      Yeah, i remember threads on here asking the questinon; of if Mayweather brought Alexander's name into the mix, to make the Guerrero fight look more appealing when it was indeed confirmed :ANYWORD:

Comment

Devon = cherry pick, but utterly frail, quitter, won't even make the match the least bit entertaining.

Guerrero = cherry pick, will bring the fight to him, lost his natural weights athleticism when moving up to WW. Looks decent, but isn't nearly the same as JWW. Will get picked apart from the outside or inside. Lacks elite speed, and looked gassed by round 5-6 against Aydin.
        So you want Floyd to fight the bigger guys but you expect him to do it for less money too? You wouldnt leave your job to go work somewhere else for less money. We all know Floyds not a natural 154lber. His two fights there are his biggest PPVs numberswise. So its not like hes fighting just anybody. If there was a big market for guys like Serg and Trout they would be fighting. Theres a reason why a 22 yr old Canelo makes more than both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          So you want Floyd to fight the bigger guys but you expect him to do it for less money too? You wouldnt leave your job to go work somewhere else for less money. We all know Floyds not a natural 154lber. His two fights there are his biggest PPVs numberswise. So its not like hes fighting just anybody. If there was a big market for guys like Serg and Trout they would be fighting. Theres a reason why a 22 yr old Canelo makes more than both of them.
          I don't really believe that. I think he fought Cotto because he was a natural welter, not a true 154lb fighter. Trout/Martinez are bigger, stronger opponents, whereas Canelo was fighting at 147 not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            I hope you're joking bro. Floyd/Martinez or Floyd/Canleo does double the PPV buys of Floyd/Alexander or Floyd/Guerrero.

...............damn.

So he cherry picked Cotto? A slower, more war torn version of Cotto? Cool.

He has the belt at 154. He's regarded as the #1 fighter at 154, based on rankings. He IS a 154 lb. fighter.
            Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-16-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

great payday for ghost

Comment

I'm one of the idiots that have always liked the fight, styles match up really well imo. [If Floyd still had his legs, I'd feel differently]. As it stands now, the only hang-up for me is that Robert's speed and sharpness have dropped off in the last two fights. Whether that is due to weight or the shoulder injury IDK but that is the only minus to me that could prevent it from being as good as it could be. He'll need the technical aspect of his game in this fight, building up speed will be important... fighting like Berto won't work for long.

Regardless, I still feel like he's still basically in his prime and also has like 10 years experience behind him, he's not really coming out of nowhere or feel like a cherrypick but I can see why others might think that given his layoffs, natural weight, and lack of fights at 147. He has the length for the division but many still think he's just a blown up dude and, yeah, sometimes you can see it when he's hit to the body...I think he feels those and it saps him more than head shots at this weight. I'll be shocked if he falls flat and no-shows.

It's not the mega fight but I'm surprised more people weren't and aren't really excited about the potential in this fight. You could take away the Berto and Aydin fights and I'd still think this was a good fight - he's not going to win fighting like that anyway...it's the fact that he has technical ability which makes me think it's could be an foty candidate and a difficult win.
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-16-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  It is a cherry pick in the sense that Floyd has had a helluva lot of time on his hands to decide who he wants to fight and a lot of deliberation and weighing up things before picking the fruit.

Guerro is also a cherry pick in the sense that it is not a fight to move himself up the ATG list potentially, rather just to pad out his career a little more as Guerrero has something and is a decent opponent.

If it was a choice of who could do him the most damage potentially the pick would be easier, it would be Sergio at 160, something that would surpass anything he has ever done.

Fighting and beating Guerrero possibly isnt his hardest fight to date, so in that sense is a cherry pick. Hope that explains it.

And irondamhanza Floyd once again is not held to a higher standard. Its just he fights less than others so when he does eventually fight, people expect him to return with a more than half decent fight, even more so in Floyds case as he is retiring again, but officially this time.....its just round the corner
                  C'mon man you can't be serious

Comment

It was a cherry pick fight until rob took Berto soul. Not it becomes a decent fight due to the fact Robert actually dominated berto.

Comment

I hope you're joking bro. Floyd/Martinez or Floyd/Canleo does double the PPV buys of Floyd/Alexander or Floyd/Guerrero.

...............damn.

So he cherry picked Cotto? A slower, more war torn version of Cotto? Cool.

He has the belt at 154. He's regarded as the #1 fighter at 154, based on rankings. He IS a 154 lb. fighter.
                      Floyd vs Serg is a big fight because Floyds a superstar. It has nothing to do with Serg. Cotto and Canelo have big fanbases and if networks and sponsers are paying these huge garuntees they need the best possible return on their investment. Its good business. You obviously never ran your own business before.

Comment

Working...
                      X