Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Austin Trout.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd chooses not to duck him it'd be pretty big. First and foremost you'd have to get Floyd to not duck him though, which will be near impossible. Plus I don't think Floyd will fight again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      No they didnt, the promoters hyped it up like crazy but it turned out to be a complete flop in every possible way

just imagine if it was a ppv

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        If Floyd chooses not to duck him it'd be pretty big. First and foremost you'd have to get Floyd to not duck him though, which will be near impossible. Plus I don't think Floyd will fight again in September.
        He's not fighting in September. One, because that's when Arum is shooting for Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV. Two, he's 36 years old and hasn't been that active in a long time.

My best guess is IF he fights Canelo it won't be until May 2014. If he fights twice this year he will stay at his natural weight and take on Alexander in November/December if he beats Brook.

Comment

nobody outside of boxing people and mexicans know who canelo is. beating austin trout won't change that.

it will be a big ppv fight, but it won't be a crossover event because of canelo alvarez. that's all/almost all floyd mayweather jr.

what they will do is really promote the hell out of this thing, the way they did with mayweather and de la hoya.

Comment

Too Black

Too Strong

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              nobody outside of boxing people and mexicans know who canelo is. beating austin trout won't change that.

it will be a big ppv fight, but it won't be a crossover event because of canelo alvarez. that's all/almost all floyd mayweather jr.

what they will do is really promote the hell out of this thing, the way they did with mayweather and de la hoya.

Pretty sure a substantial amount of other latinos know who canelo is, not just mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                He's not fighting in September. One, because that's when Arum is shooting for Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV. Two, he's 36 years old and hasn't been that active in a long time.

My best guess is IF he fights Canelo it won't be until May 2014. If he fights twice this year he will stay at his natural weight and take on Alexander in November/December if he beats Brook.
                If Alexander wins, I think he'll fight Paulie, Ortiz, or Thurman in the late summer. If Brook wins, I can see him fighting Khan (IF Khan moves up to 147), Thurman, or Bradley.

Comment

You're oblivious. Canelo is promoted like hell on Univision. Every latin person I know(not just Mexicans) who are at most casual fans of the sport know who Canelo is.

Of course him beating Austin would set up a huge fight.

Comment

Beating Austin Trout on a Mayweather PPV with over 1 million viewers watching will change that.

Comment

trout will beat canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X