No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Austin Trout.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Its a good win. Trout is certainly a top 3 fighter at 154. I wish the top guys at 154 would fight each other so we know who the real top guys are. Kinda weird that the top 3 guys have basically never faced a real 154 fighter to be ranked where they are. Floyd and Trout are there because of Cotto and Canelo is somehow there because he beat up on old WWs and JWWs
    Canelo isn't really a top 3 JMW though. On a ratings list that is very well respected by me, and a few places, he's no.4 and rightly so:

http://www.tbrb.org/rankings/light-middleweight/

The only reason he gets mentioned is because hes a popular mexican fighter. He hasn't beaten anyone top 10 at 154 since Rhodes...... that speaks for itself.

Sadly, I can see the RING belt being put up for Trout-Canelo, when Canelo shouldn't even be top 3.

Comment

It would be a big fight but a lot has to happen between now and September 2013 or May 2014.

I still don't see Mayweather fighting twice within a span of 5 months. Second, there's going to be an issue of Pacquiao/Marquez 5 in September falling on Mexican Independence Day.

Comment

I think both legit but i feel that Canelo will show hes a step above Trout. And i would consider it a super fight.

Comment

Looking forward to this fight, I want to pick Trout finally Canelo stepping up. Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post

this is comin from a mayweather fan for some reason I don't see mayweather risking his 0 against trout in all due honest respect
            Then he needs to fukin Retire! If he beats Guerrero and doesn't fight Canelo, Trout or Martinez next then retire and go away and let these younger fighters fight each other to see who is the best

Even if Devon Alexander beats Kell Brook, nobody is all that interested in Mayweather vs Alexander, I hope Kell Brook wins to keep that fight from Happening in September
            Last edited by sicko; 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Canelo isn't really a top 3 JMW though. On a ratings list that is very well respected by me, and a few places, he's no.4 and rightly so:

The only reason he gets mentioned is because hes a popular mexican fighter. He hasn't beaten anyone top 10 at 154 since Rhodes...... that speaks for itself.

Sadly, I can see the RING belt being put up for Trout-Canelo, when Canelo shouldn't even be top 3.
              Number 4 will fight number 2 for possible chance to fight number 1. Both big draws, both undefeated, Mexico, USA, so yes its a Super Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

Yes i agree, except Lara should not be #3 himself, Molina should.

Comment

if he knocks him out, then yeah, good for him, if it's a stinker, then it just reinforces the fact that canelo is the most overrated fighter today, the next chavez, jr.

Comment

The real question is if/when Trout beats Canelo whats next for him? Does he get Mayweather? Or Martinez maybe?

Comment

It would be the biggest money fight Floyd could make. I think Floyd will pass on Canelo and fight a welterweight like the winner of Brook- Alexander fight for somewhat less money and much less risk. I don't fault Mayweather for staying in his natural weight class. If he fights the winner of the Trout- Canelo fight that would be a bold move for a 36 year old welterweight. If Brook beat Alexander Floyd could make lots of money fighting Brook in the UK. Of course Mayweather always makes big money no matter who he fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X