• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

lol hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDodgers View Post
      Your statement is ridiculous.
      Marquez was avoided like the plague by most other titlists at FW (like Barrerra, Morales, and Naseem Hamed) so he cleaned out most 0of the feared up and coming contenders. Are you forgetting or did you just not realize that Marquez fought Agapito Sanchez, Julio Gervacio, and Alfred Kotey (all future titlists) as he waited 22 months as Hamed's mandatory before being officially ducked? He then fought, Freddie Norwood, Derrick Gainer, Robbie Pedan, Daniel Jiminez, and Manuel Medina (all former of future champs). Are you forgetting that after the Pacquiao draw, Marquez fought Orlando Salido, Chris John (in Indonesia, untelevised, and for pennies!), then Marco Antonio Barrera? After the next Pac fight, he moved up to LW, fought the lineal champ (Casamayor), then defended against Diaz who was feared by everybody. Oh yeah- then Marquez moved up two weight classes to fight Mayweather.
      maybe weak was too strong word to describe jmm's resume ..but outside of pac , his resume is as good of a cotto...

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
        I don't think Cotto was beating Floyd (it's just that FM was more passive in some early rounds because Cotto out-weighted Mayweather by 10+ pounds). However, I admit that a real pressure fighter can give problems and even beat Floyd which is exactly what happened with Jose Luis Castillo who should accounted as the first defeat in the record of Floyd (even HBO and Compubox gave the fight to Castillo). Floyd made very good adjustments in the second fight with Castillo and was able to defeat the mexican fighter.
        FOH, Mayweather won the first 5 rounds of his first fight with Castillo, then the ref took a point from Castillo in the middle rounds which Castillo won some middle rounds in that fight, then the ref took a point from Mayweather as Mayweather won the last 2 rounds of that fight or tied. To say Mayweather got his ass kicked by Castillo in their first fight is absolutely bull****. The judges could have called it a draw, but they didn't, and Mayweather rematched Castillo right away, so if you believe Castillo won the first fight against Mayweather, why didn't Castillo win the second fight against Mayweather? Castillo did a lot of holding and punching Mayweather in their first fight that obviously costed him the victory. The more clean punches of that fight was landed by Mayweather, and people forget that holding your opponent while punching is a foul, the judges saw the fight as they did and didn't reward Castillo for rough housing dirty tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
          oh shat JMM could be calling out floyd again.
          People learn to read....Marquez only saying the truth. he is etating the facts....no counterpuncher will beat mayweather> Zab, Marquez,and many other boxer-punchers tried that and fail!! Marquez saying mayweather has more trouble with preshure fighters, good preshure fighters....Castillo, Chavez etc.

By saying he is the best P4P in the bussiness saids it all...so estop taking ofence, when all he is doing praising Floyd,

Comment

LOL at people thinking Marquez is part of the "hype" for a guerrero fight.

what in the hell does that accomplish? its either just his opinion or its bait for floyd to look his way since Floyd really DOES NOT want to fight guerrero.

Marquez knows how good Robert is, he ducked him last year.

both he and Floyd will end up ducking the ghost.

if you notice, the only people making noise in the media the past two weeks have been FLOYD AND JMM, its a long shot for floyd to make a rematch with jmm but he's trying his best to avoid Robert. too funny!
            Last edited by YOU WILL LOSE; 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              What's the confusion with knowing Floyd's formula?:

Least amount of risk with highest amount of reward ($ money $).

While Guerrero has a sub-par WW resume, so does Alexander but being that Guerrero appears to be slightly more riskier than Alexander, one makes the statement "It wouldn't surprise me that Floyd takes on the fighter that is less risky". This statement really puts down Floyd in that someone like Marquez admits that Floyd is a talented boxer who hates taking risks so much that he would even avoid risking a fight with a sub-par WW resume in Guerrero ....

For me, Alexander, Guerrero and Canelo need to be staying busy and call Floyd up next year IF THEY IMPRESS against quality opponents. In the meantime, Floyd can do what he does best: Taking long extended vacations but there are no risky fighters to avoid. So we all know Floyd will do something else that he likes to do. Fight another guy with just a couple of fights under his belt at WW. That is, Guerrero or Alexander .... what a surprise .... NOT!

Where is the source this information came from, you have people commenting on a subject and don't exactly know the context of Marquez's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                What a joke.
                Marquez fights bums in mexico while waiting on Pacquiao fights.

I watched some bum named Ramos that Marquez fought take a dive.
                He is the biggest cherry picker of them all.

Marquez Won't fight any young lions from 135-147
                Look at his resume in between Pacquiao fights.

Who is ramos?
                Who Fedchenko?
                Dude knocked out Juan Diaz, then got toyed with by Mayweather, and instead of fighting the tough fighters at 135-140-147, he chose to fight Juan again.

Why fight Katsidis when 140 was stacked and still is stacked?
                What a hypocrite.
                An other ignorant...can read bethween the lines...Marquez is saying no counter-puncher will trouble Floyd not even me, a master counter-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by InYourFace View Post
                  Where is the source this information came from, you have people commenting on a subject and don't exactly know the context of Marquez's opinion.
                  Go to the first page on this thread and click [Click Here To Read More]. Its all there.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                    You kids are silly. To question Marquez's resume because he took a couple tune-ups? Most fighters do! They were both after decent layoffs. For years Marquez was stuck fighting young, dangerous fighters while he was begging Pacquiao for a 3rd fight! If you think Diaz and Katsidis weren't dangerous back in 2009/2010, then you must not pay attention to the game. Diaz only had 1 loss at the time of the first defeat and Katsidis had 2. Not to mention he moved up in weight and knocked Casamayor (the division kingpin at the time)out!

I agree that Floyd carefully hand selects his opponents and fights fighters at the right time. Not financially but physically. I used to be a big Mayweather fan and defend him but I gave up on him once Pacquiao basically conceeded to all of his demands (Olympic style drug testing and the smaller split) and yet Floyd still came up with another reason not to fight. He avoided Margarito, young Cotto, "fresh off the Marg KO" Mosley, and today he avoids Martinez. I'm sure I'm forgetting some others. He's too worried about losing that "0". Marquez knows what he's talking about.
                    Marquez has a great resume.
                    When you fight Pacquiao 4 times and move up to fight Mayweather, that says alot right there.

But to say that Floyd doesn't take risk and cherry picks is a joke when Marquez has recently in his last five fights fought the likes of Pacquiao twice, Ramos,Fedchenko,Katsidis,.

Seems to me that Marquez doesn't like to risk the Pacquiao fights so he fights bums in between them.

So it's okay for Marquez to take tuneups but not okay for Mayweather?
                    And i'm sorry but there was nothing dangerous about Juan Diaz when Marquez fought him the second time after he had already ko'd him in the first fight.

There was nothing dangerous about a washed up Casamayor.
                    Or a washed up Barrera.

Throw in victor polo, Kokietgym,Salido ,jaca,and Rocky Juarez . Not elite fighters if you ask me.

Marquez greatness comes from beating Pacquiao thats it.
                    If you question Floyds resume then you have to question Marquez's.

Comment

Yeah Floyd paid Marquez to say Guerrero would be a tough fight. Wile I don't think, unless Floyd has slipped considerably since May, that Guerrero will be a tough fight, he is a very legit fight against a top ranked Welterweight coming off some decent enough wins to get his shot.

Marquez-Guerrero would be a bad ass fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X