No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    LMAO! So me get this straight.. if you question Mayweather's choice of opponents you're wrong and should be banned from ever watching boxing again huh!? Ok, I see you're on Mayweather's jock strap so I'll leave it at that. Please note that on my sig, Floyd is one of my top fighters. Doesn't mean I have to agree that he doesn't cherry pick. Like I said, his resume was pretty legit until after the Hatton fight. He's definintely done some ducking since then. This coming from a fan. A real boxing fan can admit when one of their favorite fighters is obviously avoiding certain fighters. Just like I'll admit Marquez brushed off fights with Guerrero and Rios before Pac 3. I don't support anybody ducking but if it's because they're holding out for a huge payday and the guy their ignoring is high risk/little reward such as then relatively no-names like Guerrero and Rios, then so be it. Smart business move! What's Floyd's excuse though??? The top money fights he's avoided...(Cotto 07-08, Manny, and Maravilla). Instead he fights guys that the fans aren't too thrilled about. I'll admit, I was excited for the Cotto fight but that fight was years too late. Fast forward to 2013. We've since been robbed of one of the biggest fights in history because he would rather fight Ortiz and Mosley's old ass? Being a fan is one thing, but blindly supporting your fighter is unexcuseable. In my opinion, THESE are the folks who should be banned from boxing!
    After Floyd beat delahoya his guarantee money went through the roof.
    He was now commanding 20-30 million guaranteed per fight.

Now in order for goldenboy to give Mayweather that type of money....they had to match him with the biggest names in boxing. Other guys that they could sell to the public.

Those guys were.....Hatton , Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto
    You mad at Mayweather for taking the fights that made him the most money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
      You're trying to say Mayweather vs Ortiz or Cotto was a better fight than Marquez vs Diaz I ??? Wow!!! For one, that was 2009 Fight of the Year. Secondly, those were definitely cherry picks. When you avoid the top guys that are next in line/big payday fights and fight lesser opponents that you're convinced you can beat, then YES, that's cherry picking. Floyd fights Baldomir instead of Margarito, retires in 07 instead of fighting a then prime Cotto, fights fat lightweight Marquez, old/rusty Mosley, and overrated Ortiz, all instead of Pacquiao. I'll give you Cotto last year but Pacquiao was still the fight to make then too. Now we have him deciding between Guerrero or Alexander instead of the obvious choice Martinez??? That my friend, is the definition of cherry picking.
      It was. Diaz was coming off losing to Campbell and getting a SD win against Katsidis......why are you hyping Diaz as some HUGE win??? He has like 2-3 decent wins, and was coming off losing his biggest fight to Campbell. Yeah Ortiz was coming off a close draw with Peterson, but also a big win over Berto at the time. And Cotto was coming some average at best fights, but Cotto is a proven world class fighter, which is without question obviously a better win than Juan Diaz. I'm shocked you're arguing otherwise. Floyd also had to go up in weight to beat Cotto.

How is Sergio the obvious choice....when he campaigns 1-2 weight classes higher than Mayweather??? Tell Sergio to fight his own biggest fights, in his own weight class.

Again, i can't place all blame on Mayweather or Manny for that fight not happening. But it seems you blame Floyd only, as if it was all Floyd as to why it didn't happen.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Why should he give that bum the fight, Devon is there and ready. He deserves it but since the "PUBLIC" dont want to see real skills aka two Black Fighters they have to throw a bum in there.

Guerrero is nothing but the white hype to these people.

Comment

• That's what im thinking. FLOYD VS MARQUEZ II

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            After Floyd beat delahoya his guarantee money went through the roof.
            He was now commanding 20-30 million guaranteed per fight.

Now in order for goldenboy to give Mayweather that type of money....they had to match him with the biggest names in boxing. Other guys that they could sell to the public.

Those guys were.....Hatton , Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto
            You mad at Mayweather for taking the fights that made him the most money?
            I think they're more mad than manny never was able to make the money that Floyd could and then Floyd came out with manny's ACTUAL earnings, it was even worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by That View Post
              Why should he give that bum the fight, Devon is there and ready. He deserves it but since the "PUBLIC" dont want to see real skills aka two Black Fighters they have to throw a bum in there.

Well, he did beat Berto's ass.

Comment

• He wants a rematch with a huge payday!

Comment

• 100% agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by That View Post
                    Why should he give that bum the fight, Devon is there and ready. He deserves it but since the "PUBLIC" dont want to see real skills aka two Black Fighters they have to throw a bum in there.

Listen you racist idiot, having tu blacks is called skills?? Both Devon and Floyd are cowards who only hug and run. Guerrero is a warrior. Floyd is also afraid of Martinez and Alvarez, he is afraid of Latinos. The public prefers Latinos, they fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOL27 View Post
                      Ever think that maybe money has more of an impact on fighting then pride does? Or what your career in the history books says? Marquez "ducked" Guerrero, to fight Pacquiao for a 3rd time later down the road? Is that a serious statement? Read that over again, and let me know.

Floyd is the big cash cow in boxing. He makes his fights, he promotes them, he's his own boss. That means, other people agree to his terms (mostly) or they don't get the fight. Ya it sucks. Ya he should fight Martinez, or Pacquiao, or Alvarez etc. but that's business. And money talks. Floyd may be a ****ty champion, but he's still p4p the best, has never lost, and is never the underdog in any of his fights. People make it seem that if he didn't "cherry pick" he'd of lost 3/4 or his fights by now. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. He's either ducking or cherry picking. Couldn't be he wins because he's actually talented.
                      Yeah, Guerrero was the mandatory to Marquez's lightweight titles for quite a while. He didn't take that fight though, instead he held out and hit the Pacquiao sweepstakes! You can call that a duck.

I understand Floyd calls the shots and there's no arguements here that he's the best in the biz. However, you're trying to say that he chose the "big money" fights over the legacy fights. That's just not true. He retired and gave up a huge payday against Cotto in 07. He chose Marquez, Ortiz, and Cotto over Pacquiao. All those fights combined wouldn't have brought him the massive revenue he would have gotten from the Pac showdown. So what I'm saying and have been trying to say, is that instead of taking the huge fights with the top guys, he decided to play it safe for less money.

Comment

Working...
                      X