No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    Thank god for Boxrec huh?! Bro, you're not getting my point. Floyd didn't want Mosley after Mosley destroyed the guy he had been dodging for years. He finally agreed once Mosley had sat on the shelf for almost a year.
    Yeah I'm sure that was the plan.....Boxrec.....No, I just know how long it is between September and May. I'm just that smart I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Man everyone and their brother wanted that fight and NO ONE thought Floyd would take it. Should we bump those threads???

That was the ultimate flip flop.
      Mosley even said, "Floyd is waiting until I get older"

Floyd actually admitted "My game plan will take into consideration that Mosley is OLD"

Mosley was right!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Floyd actually admitted "My game plan will take into consideration that Mosley is OLD"

Mosley was right!!!
        That's funny because when they BOTH were younger, people are really acting like Floyd at 33 was in his prime or something, it was Shane's tooth ache and vacations that kept that fight from happening in 2006.

Comment

That's funny because when they BOTH were younger, people are really acting like Floyd at 33 was in his prime or something, it was Shane's tooth ache and vacations that kept that fight from happening in 2006.
          Bro you'll defend your boy Floyd til the death huh?

Comment

Bro you'll defend your boy Floyd til the death huh?
            Naw. Just saying calling Diaz a dangerous fight, than turning around and calling Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, and Guerrero cherry picks is a double standard. All 4 of those fights are/were better than Juan f**king Diaz, who lost to Nate Campbell and Paulie 2x.

And just saying Floyd fought him right after he fought Marquez, when everyone wanted him too. That's defending anything, that's stating facts.

Comment

Naw. Just saying calling Diaz a dangerous fight, than turning around and calling Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, and Guerrero cherry picks is a double standard. All 4 of those fights are/were better than Juan f**king Diaz, who lost to Nate Campbell and Paulie 2x.

And just saying Floyd fought him right after he fought Marquez, when everyone wanted him too. That's defending anything, that's stating facts.
              You're trying to say Mayweather vs Ortiz or Cotto was a better fight than Marquez vs Diaz I ??? Wow!!! For one, that was 2009 Fight of the Year. Secondly, those were definitely cherry picks. When you avoid the top guys that are next in line/big payday fights and fight lesser opponents that you're convinced you can beat, then YES, that's cherry picking. Floyd fights Baldomir instead of Margarito, retires in 07 instead of fighting a then prime Cotto, fights fat lightweight Marquez, old/rusty Mosley, and overrated Ortiz, all instead of Pacquiao. I'll give you Cotto last year but Pacquiao was still the fight to make then too. Now we have him deciding between Guerrero or Alexander instead of the obvious choice Martinez??? That my friend, is the definition of cherry picking.

Comment

Mosley was right!!!
                Floyd wanted to fight Mosley and DLH back in 2006. Mosley right after he beat Vargas. Mosley said he had a toothache. I can't imagine what you would say if floyd said no to Mosley because he had a toothache

Comment

Mosley was right!!!
                  also Moslley wanted a fight with Pac but Roach said Mosley is too good, but then again Pac got his free pass and is still view as a warrior. When Mosley toothache disappears and entered the ring to confront Floyd, and everybody say Floyd will never fight Mosley but then he still fight him, then it's no good enough for you

Comment

• Ducking your own cherry pick

Comment

LMAO! So me get this straight.. if you question Mayweather's choice of opponents you're wrong and should be banned from ever watching boxing again huh!? Ok, I see you're on Mayweather's jock strap so I'll leave it at that. Please note that on my sig, Floyd is one of my top fighters. Doesn't mean I have to agree that he doesn't cherry pick. Like I said, his resume was pretty legit until after the Hatton fight. He's definintely done some ducking since then. This coming from a fan. A real boxing fan can admit when one of their favorite fighters is obviously avoiding certain fighters. Just like I'll admit Marquez brushed off fights with Guerrero and Rios before Pac 3. I don't support anybody ducking but if it's because they're holding out for a huge payday and the guy their ignoring is high risk/little reward such as then relatively no-names like Guerrero and Rios, then so be it. Smart business move! What's Floyd's excuse though??? The top money fights he's avoided...(Cotto 07-08, Manny, and Maravilla). Instead he fights guys that the fans aren't too thrilled about. I'll admit, I was excited for the Cotto fight but that fight was years too late. Fast forward to 2013. We've since been robbed of one of the biggest fights in history because he would rather fight Ortiz and Mosley's old ass? Being a fan is one thing, but blindly supporting your fighter is unexcuseable. In my opinion, THESE are the folks who should be banned from boxing!
                      Ever think that maybe money has more of an impact on fighting then pride does? Or what your career in the history books says? Marquez "ducked" Guerrero, to fight Pacquiao for a 3rd time later down the road? Is that a serious statement? Read that over again, and let me know.

Floyd is the big cash cow in boxing. He makes his fights, he promotes them, he's his own boss. That means, other people agree to his terms (mostly) or they don't get the fight. Ya it sucks. Ya he should fight Martinez, or Pacquiao, or Alvarez etc. but that's business. And money talks. Floyd may be a ****ty champion, but he's still p4p the best, has never lost, and is never the underdog in any of his fights. People make it seem that if he didn't "cherry pick" he'd of lost 3/4 or his fights by now. It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                      lol now Floyd is ducking guerrero ??!! Last time I came on this site he was cherrypicking him ahahahaha. So fun to watch the haters being confused about what to say because Floyd hasnt sign a fight with any fighter yet
                      Agreed. He's either ducking or cherry picking. Couldn't be he wins because he's actually talented.

Comment

Working...
                      X