No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Surprised if Mayweather Rejects Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ox805er View Post
    genaro? yeah he was good... but didnt dlh hand his ass a few years before?? like broken nose and all?? by the time floyd got to him he was done.. didnt he retire after that? manfredy.. ok?? didnt gatti lose back to back after manfredy to some joke?? how was that prime? corrales was too slow.. i've always said that.. but a good win none the less.. other than that.. de la hoya was old.. doing it for $$ castillo robbed.. johnston? f(h)atton's only other ww fight should of been a loss to collazo.. and plus cortez (ref.. in case) wouldnt let hatton work on the inside.. weak! and you guys keep bringin up a lightweight in marquez.. that's my boy and even i said no chance.. too much of size difference.. age.. and skills.. overmatched hugely..mosely after catching margacheeto (who i did support) then shot gatti.. one hit wonder baldo.. judah after losing to one hit wonder.. ortiz cause he beat over hyped berta.. cotto's win was tough and good.. but cotto's not the same at jr middle.. slower..

so your point is??

Go to boxrec.....We can pick apart every fighter that has ever fought resume.
    They all fought bums, they all fought old fighters at some point in their career.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      They all fought bums, they all fought old fighters at some point in their career.
      TRUE!! No argument there.. but there's justification for everything.. that's all i'm saying.. i say the bums some fighters fight.. are bigger bums then other.. this resume doesnt look half bad.. no wonder he became the real Mr. Hbo.. and i hated him.. ha ha..

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8253&cat=boxer
      Last edited by ox805er; 02-15-2013, 08:43 PM. Reason: meant saying other than asking..

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Man everyone and their brother wanted that fight and NO ONE thought Floyd would take it. Should we bump those threads???

That was the ultimate flip flop.
        Yeah everybody wanted Mosley/Mayweather after Mosley called out Floyd following the Marquez win. By the time they FINALLY fought Mosley showed his age, not to mention the ring rust. No flip flop, just facts.
        Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 02-15-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Floyds critics re were initially not happy with Guerrero as an opponent and said Floyd was cherry picking. Now Floyd is even scared to fight a cherry picked opponent.

Even a cherry picked opponent is too much of a risk for Floyd. Thats how far backwards floyd has gone.

So JMM is being contradictory in implying Floyd could be the best fighter in the sport. He is a cherry picker pure and simple. A cherry picker who dont fight much and has a easy schedule.

Comment

Anybody that questions Floyd's resume should be banned from ever watching boxing again.

The man has beat 18 world champions so far in his career.
            He also has an easy win over your boy Marquez.

The Marquez version that Mayweather fought would have lost to Pacquiao.
            But this 39yr old big strong new and improved roided up Marquez has just knocked out Pacquiao....a guy he had never dropped before that 4th fight.
            LMAO! So me get this straight.. if you question Mayweather's choice of opponents you're wrong and should be banned from ever watching boxing again huh!? Ok, I see you're on Mayweather's jock strap so I'll leave it at that. Please note that on my sig, Floyd is one of my top fighters. Doesn't mean I have to agree that he doesn't cherry pick. Like I said, his resume was pretty legit until after the Hatton fight. He's definintely done some ducking since then. This coming from a fan. A real boxing fan can admit when one of their favorite fighters is obviously avoiding certain fighters. Just like I'll admit Marquez brushed off fights with Guerrero and Rios before Pac 3. I don't support anybody ducking but if it's because they're holding out for a huge payday and the guy their ignoring is high risk/little reward such as then relatively no-names like Guerrero and Rios, then so be it. Smart business move! What's Floyd's excuse though??? The top money fights he's avoided...(Cotto 07-08, Manny, and Maravilla). Instead he fights guys that the fans aren't too thrilled about. I'll admit, I was excited for the Cotto fight but that fight was years too late. Fast forward to 2013. We've since been robbed of one of the biggest fights in history because he would rather fight Ortiz and Mosley's old ass? Being a fan is one thing, but blindly supporting your fighter is unexcuseable. In my opinion, THESE are the folks who should be banned from boxing!
            Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp beast View Post
              lmao! So et me get this straight.. If you question mayweather's choice of opponents you're wrong and should be banned from ever watching boxing again huh!? Ok, i see you're on mayweather's jock strap so i'll leave it at that. Please note that on my sig, floyd is one of my top fighters. Doesn't mean i have to agree that he doesn't cherry pick. Like i said, his resume was pretty legit until after the hatton fight. He's definintely done some ducking since then. This coming from a fan. A real boxing fan can admit when one of their favorite fighters is obviously avoiding certain fighters. Just like i'll admit marquez brushed off fights with guerrero and rios before pac 3. I don't support anybody ducking but if it's because they're holding out for a huge payday and the guy their ignoring is high risk/little reward such as then relatively no-names like guerrero and rios, then so be it. Smart business move! What's floyd's excuse though??? The top money fights he's avoided...(cotto 07-08, manny, and maravilla). Instead he fights guys that the fans aren't too thrilled about. I'll admit, i was excited for the cotto fight but that fight was years too late. Fast forward to 2013. We've since been robbed of one of the biggest fights in history because he would rather fight ortiz and mosley's old ass? Being a fan is one thing, but blindly supporting your fighter is unexcuseable. In my opinion, these are the folks who should be banned from boxing!
              well said!!

Comment

• lol now Floyd is ducking guerrero ??!! Last time I came on this site he was cherrypicking him ahahahaha. So fun to watch the haters being confused about what to say because Floyd hasnt sign a fight with any fighter yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                  Yeah everybody wanted Mosley/Mayweather after Mosley called out Floyd following the Marquez win. By the time they FINALLY fought Mosley showed his age, not to mention the ring rust. No flip flop, just facts.
                  They fought 8 months later......when was Floyd suppose to fight him??? February or March??? Wow than it would have only been 5-6 months later.....

C'mon man....

Comment

That's true but floyd s the ultimate matchmaker. Fighting baldomir instead of margarito. Marquez who had never fought above 135 instead of pac, ortiz instead or martinez. The lst goes on. Floyd has fought many good fighters byt it is true that he doesn't take risks like the true greats did. Leonard had fought 1 time in 5 yrs and never sbove 154 but he comes back vs 160 lb lineal champ and #1 lb 4 lb in hagler. Robinson tried to beat maxim, a great lt heavy, znd almost won. The alltime greats take on the toughest challenges thy can. May never fought either of the toughext fights he cudve takn over the past 2 yrs, pac or martinez, instead he fights past their prime like cotto or mosely or never will bes, like ortiz. Cotto, mosely and ortiz, his last 3 opponents have not won any significant fights since floyd beat them. He fought them at the right time. For that hes a great matchmaker, and a very good fightr

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      They fought 8 months later......when was Floyd suppose to fight him??? February or March??? Wow than it would have only been 5-6 months later.....

C'mon man....
                      Thank god for Boxrec huh?! Bro, you're not getting my point. Floyd didn't want Mosley after Mosley destroyed the guy he had been dodging for years. He finally agreed once Mosley had sat on the shelf for almost a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X