Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They didn't have to do Manny Pacquiao like that!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, it's just like an average person going to work every day. You hit a guy with a drug test and he refuses to take it, people are going to wonder why.

People had every right to question and be suspicious.

Saying that, there is 100% no doubt in my mind that Pacquiao is a clean fighter and achieved it all with hard work. But if you try to add a bunch of terms and conditions when someone asks you to take a drug test, you're inviting and deserve all kinds of suspicion.

Seriously? a drug test? Still blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      manny hasn't fought since his ko loss so we don't know how easy it is for him to get fights. he couldn't get the cotto cw rematch he wanted.
      Everyone wants MAnny now. They want to take advantage of his KO loss. He wont have an issue not getting a fight with anyone. youd think a fan would see that.
      Do you think Cotto would go out of his way to get beat up again? lol Why fight someone you cant win against.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        As a Floyd Mayweather fan, a guy who defended Floyd's right to suspect that Manny Pacquiao was cheating and demands OST. I must say, I have now come to the grasp of just how horrible the way it was carried out and the suspicion was.

Mayweather and GoldenBoy went about it the entire way, they basically bashed and put doubt to all of what Pacquiao had ever accomplished. To the point to tell the truth, when you think the name "Pacquiao" you think the name steroids regardless if you wanna admit it or not.

Thinking back that was a really terrible thing to do, for another athlete to cast doubt without any proof on another athlete.
        So, it was Mayweather and Golden Boy that caused Manny's needle phobia? Whatever you say, Pactard!

Comment

And Oscar just jumped on the bandwagon because he wanted a excuse for as into why Manny made him quit.
          That may very well be. But, by the time Oscar fought MannyP, he had been beaten quite a few times, and pushed for the fight because he wanted the huge money it would bring. Nobody seems to have noticed that Oscar loves money far more than Arum or the other promoters. He has openly said that his big ambition is to become a billionaire. His face had greed written all over it when he said this.

I believe that Oscar jumped into it because;

1) He's not very bright.
          2)He was Mayweather's promoter.
          3) He hates Arum who bests him every time they tangle.
          4) He was still smarting over Arum having caught him "red-handed" when he tried to steal Pacquiao away from Top Rank.

And.... he's not very bright......

Since then, and his breakdown, you all may have noticed we hear and see far more of Schaefer than we do of Oscar. Oscar seems to have shrunk back down to his proper proportions, into the background.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            How do people even get banned from ESB? You can pretty much say whatever you want over there and not get banned...probably 80% of my posts on ESB would get me banned here
            Just as a quick observation, some people have been wondering why you don't get banned here...

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              The refusal and then the way they dragged it on for so long making lame excuses to then eventually agree was stupid as hell and made them look suspicious. Only a moron would think people wouldn't question them for refusing a drug test.
              THis is a random thought, but it occurred to me long ago that if Arum wanted to settle accounts with both Oscar and Mayweather, his two biggest and most relentless enemies, it would have been no effort for a man of his intelligence to have guided the whole thing... step by step, from beginning to end. A Harvard Summa Cum Laude is well into the genius category.......

Because, as we've all seen, the end result was that Oscar had to pay Top Rank "an undisclosed settlement" and the most abject,cringeworthy apologies, which Arum graciously accepted in a most forgiving way...... and Mayweather and family also had to make a similarly "undisclosed" payoff to MannyP.

I believe that the payment to Pacquiao was so large that this is the main reason for Mayweather announcing that he wanted to fight twice this year. And perhaps also the reason that he was unable to pay Jackson his share of their TMT partnership deal.
              Mayweather hasn't fought twice in 12 months for years....

Comment

I understand that, but geesh, was there a better way to do this?? Maybe in negotiations only?
                what happened with fighters like mallignaggi and cintron who made those insinuations before floyd even asked for a drug test and all floyd did was ask for a drug test i don't see whats wrong with that

Comment

My 12 year nephew drew blood the other day with ease and laughed. Manny cant draw blood and make millions? Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Nobody had a problem when Margarito (without anger) approached Floyd under Arums orders to politely ask why he won't fight him. Floyd explained his side to Pussarito and they shook hands, and Floyd was called a coward by the ktfo Pac and Marg fans.

Refusal to be tested doesn't mean you're guilty, but it does cast doubt and that's something you won't ever be able to make go away.
                    Very different story.

Floyd never fought Margarito so he is considered a ducker.

Manny went beyond what was expected by the commissions from Day 1 ... just didn't agree with Floyd cutoff dates..... but then went out and told everyone that "I will take the test with no cutoff dates".

Its only Manny haters that still bring this up like as if Manny never said that. The problem is that Floyd didn't want to fight Manny. So no reason to take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                      My 12 year nephew drew blood the other day with ease and laughed. Manny cant draw blood and make millions? Hmm
                      My friend who was about 22 years old at the time fainted when he donated blood. On another occasion, he bleed (no gushing) from a mild injury and fainted several times. It was alarming enough (the fainting) that I brought him to the hospital ...... Everyone reacts differently.

But .... you guys can't get past 2009. Manny said he would take the test.

Comment

Working...
                      X