No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    priced himself out isnt a fact thats your opinion. even if both were facts it doesn't make nonito naervaez any better of a fight, especially considering the size difference.
    it was well known that moreno wanted more than he was offered (here's an article about it: http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-m...g-bucks--36874 )..and mares was caught up in an agbeko rematch because he couldn't stop low blowing the whole night in their first fight and the ref was a corrupt POS...so donaire went after narvaez who was and still is ranked #1 at 115...adrien broner is fighting some unknown euro bum..

fighting a world class undefeated fighter >>>> fighting some unknown fighter who won a non legit world title and lost it in his first defense...
    Last edited by Bermuda; 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      its funny to see a guy get flak for fighting a guy that was a champ at a weight class higher than the weight they are fighting at most of the time people hate on fighters for fighting guys coming up in weight
      Yea I remember all that credit Ward got for beating Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Donaire and Narvaez had long overlapping stints at 112 and 115. Donaire had only moved up to 118 a year earlier. Was he too big for Narvaez the whole time?
        come on man. whether he was/wasn't too big a year prior is irrelevant. You saw the fight-Nonito was significantly bigger upon rehydration and Naervaez had no chance.

Had they fought when both were at 115 the year prior-we will never know.

Comment

This is a stay busy fight against a crap top 10 opponent. Call a spade a spade when your favorite fighters like Donaire is fighting sh-t fights. As well as other fighters. Don't be a protector of one and bash the other for the same sh-t you were defending your fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            This is a stay busy fight against a crap top 10 opponent. Call a spade a spade when your favorite fighters like Donaire is fighting sh-t fights. As well as other fighters. Don't be a protector of one and bash the other for the same sh-t you were defending your fighter.
            Meh, if we were to follow this advice, wise as it is, 90% of the posts on NSB wouldn't have been typed.

Comment

For what its worth..Rees is 5'4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Rees

Not that its going to be the height difference that wins this fight. As much as i like Rees, and will be rooting for him..this fight is a miss-match.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Meh, if we were to follow this advice, wise as it is, 90% of the posts on NSB wouldn't have been typed.
                I was just thinking that.

Kev, I have known you a while, and this post was funny as ****. We all criticise fighters we don't like and fighters we love, we do the opposite. You have been gunning Donaire for a while, yet I haven't seen you do that to Broner, al though I don't see every post you do.

Comment

Where am I defending Broner for fighting Rees?

I'm bringing up how Donaire can happily take a stay busy fight against overmatched opponents but Adrien Broner gets bashed for the same thing. I did not like Donaire-Narvaez, and still watched it, I actually defended Donaire's performance for that fight[I was a fan of his at the time]. I'm also going to watch Broner-Rees.

Comment

Pac > May

Nonito > Rigo and Broner

Khan > Bradley

Comment

Where am I defending Broner for fighting Rees?

I'm bringing up how Donaire can happily take a stay busy fight against overmatched opponents but Adrien Broner gets bashed for the same thing. I did not like Donaire-Narvaez, and still watched it, I actually defended Donaire's performance for that fight[I was a fan of his at the time]. I'm also going to watch Broner-Rees.
                      You didn't merely point out Donaire was fighting sub par competition, you made it a point to call him a cherrypicker and what not. You didnt make threads about how it was ok because someone else fought a **** fight like you did here.

Comment

Working...
                      X