No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Rees was a champ at 140.. Credit where credit is due, yes Broner should beat him but people shouldn't disrespect him just because they hate Broner.
    it was the WBA regular title though..and he lost it on his first defense against kotelnyk ...

omar narvaez was undefeated with 30+ pro fights, was ranked #1 at 115 pounds, and a two weight world champion...

plus donaire tried to make a fight with moreno, but moreno priced himself out..and mares was stuck fighting the agbeko rematch...

in conclusion TS = mad....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      If Rees is 5'7, then I'm looking eye to eye with Bringer.

Bringer is 6'7".

I know you're exaggerating, but it's really not that serious.

This picture is not even clear, because Broner is a step in front of Rees, where it makes him appear slightly taller. But even in with that, Broner is not like The Big Show people are trying to make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        it was the WBA regular title though..and he lost it on his first defense against kotelnyk ...

omar narvaez was undefeated with 30+ pro fights, was ranked #1 at 115 pounds, and a two weight world champion...

plus donaire tried to make a fight with moreno, but moreno priced himself out..and mares was stuck fighting the agbeko rematch...

in conclusion TS = mad....
        did you honestly think narvaez had any real chance against Nonito? You can list everything and anything about Marvaez it doesn't change the fact he had the same chance to win as Rees does against broner.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          25 title defenses is a fluke depending on who you're facing and how strong is your weight division that you got all of these defenses in. I'm sure you are not impressed with Sven Ottke's, what was it 20-21 title defenses?
          I don't have a problem with Broner Rees, a stay busy fight. But obviously Narvaez or Ottke >> Rees. 25 title defense may not be as impressive as it sounds, but it cannot be a fluke.

Narvaez is still Ring ranked #1 at 115. Donaire was at 115 1yr prior, with only an interim belt. The other belts were held by Vic and Narvaez, who he couldn't get in the ring with him at that weight.

Comment

25 title defenses is a fluke depending on who you're facing and how strong is your weight division that you got all of these defenses in. I'm sure you are not impressed with Sven Ottke's, what was it 20-21 title defenses?
            And 135 is trash and Rees still isnt a top fighter there

I'm way more impressed with Ottke then Rees. 20 or 25 title defenses is not a fluke tho
            Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to see more face off pictures where it will show that Rees is not the 4 foot midget people think he is. Worst case is that Rees will be 5' 6"-5' 6" 1/2 and not 5' 7", big deal. I agree that height does not matter though, it's weight class, not height class. Coralles, Jones Jr, and Tyson were all the same height 5' 11" but fought in completely different weight classes and were most effective/prime in 1-2 weight class. 130-135, 168-175, Heavyweight, respectively.

Comment

Can't wait to see more face off pictures where it will show that Rees is not the 4 foot midget people think he is. Worst case is that Rees will be 5' 6"-5' 6" 1/2 and not 5' 7", big deal. I agree that height does not matter though, it's weight class, not height class. Coralles, Jones Jr, and Tyson were all the same height 5' 11" but fought in completely different weight classes and were most effective/prime in 1-2 weight class. 130-135, 168-175, Heavyweight, respectively.
                Theres the video of the presser. Rees is 5'3 or 5'4 at most

Comment

It really doesn't matter, to be honest in my viewing of the fight.

I'm a fan of the sport. I've watched some pretty off the radar fights, thanks to the goodness of streams.

Broner is going to be a name in the sport for a long time.

So, this Saturday, with the money I have earned working for a paycheck to pay for an HBO subscription, I will be watching this fight.

Yay. I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Theres the video of the presser. Rees is 5'3 or 5'4 at most
                    Yeah, okay then Broner's height is around that ballpark too

Comment

Yeah, okay then Broner's height is around that ballpark too
                      Yet Broner actually looks 4 inches taller then him?

Comment

Working...
                      X