Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice something funny about Gavin Rees' boxrec stats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think its fair for Vazquez to get 350k while Broner makes 1M+? Rigo who only has 11 fights is getting 750k while Donaire makes his 1M+. Vazquez has put more work in the fight game than Broner and Rigo put together. Its call lowballing.

Don't let the media fool you. Broner is no draw, this guy has to give away tickets for his events. These guys overseas, they're a draw. The sell out soccer stadiums. You may not think they're a draw or you may not know who they are but they sell numbers!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Stay busy fight for Broner. I'm still wondering why Burns ducked him, only to fight a just as risky fight in Vazquez, which isn't nearly as big a fight really.
      It's risky in the terms he may lose but against Broner he maybe hurt. Vasquez hits like a little kid. Broner hits like a Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Burns doesn't want to pay US taxes and wants it to be really worth his time to fight in the US.
        What the fuck are you on about?

Burns doesn't want to pay US taxes? He loses half of his pay cheque over here, I know your taxes are a lot better. Warren doesn't want Broner because Burns is nowhere near ready, Vazquez is a gamble if Burns loses because the Broner fight goes out the window.

But there is a much better chance of Burns beating Vazquez and unifying the two belts, thus when he enters negotiations with Broner he has a lot more clout. Burns will fight Broner but not until they can squeeze as much money out of that match-up as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe
          Quote:

Originally Posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA

Burns doesn't want to pay US taxes and wants it to be really worth his time to fight in the US.

What the f uck are you on about?

Burns doesn't want to pay US taxes? He loses half of his pay cheque over here, I know your taxes are a lot better. Warren doesn't want Broner because Burns is nowhere near ready, Vazquez is a gamble if Burns loses because the Broner fight goes out the window.

But there is a much better chance of Burns beating Vazquez and unifying the two belts, thus when he enters negotiations with Broner he has a lot more clout. Burns will fight Broner but not until they can squeeze as much money out of that match-up as possible.
          If Burns is not ready now he will never be IMO, he's already 30? This is a big risk, if he loses to Vazquez then he has NOTHING to negotiate. I like the attitude tho, its all or nothing. Same situation goes for Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            If Burns is not ready now he will never be IMO, he's already 30? This is a big risk, if he loses to Vazquez then he has NOTHING to negotiate. I like the attitude tho, its all or nothing. Same situation goes for Vazquez.

What does age have to do with being ready?

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

What does age have to do with being ready?
              Well, what did you mean by ready? I'm not sure Burns has any more room to improve...

Comment

He fought a guy twice that has 100 losses?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  Well, what did you mean by ready? I'm not sure Burns has any more room to improve...
                  He's not fought against opponents as good as Vaquez and Broner are and Broner will most likely be his last big fight (if he loses). So they'll want him to be as prepared as possible, the confidence and belts he'll gain if he beats Vazquez will help a lot.

I'm looking forward to this fight now, a month away. Both men are hardly the most entertaining fighters but I think it'll be a good fight.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

He's not fought against opponents as good as Vaquez and Broner are and Broner will most likely be his last big fight (if he loses). So they'll want him to be as prepared as possible, the confidence and belts he'll gain if he beats Vazquez will help a lot.

I'm looking forward to this fight now, a month away. Both men are hardly the most entertaining fighters but I think it'll be a good fight.
                    I see now. I don't enjoy watching Vazquez but I am looking forward to this. I just simply wanna see what Burns can do here. I've been very impressed with his past 2 outings. If he can cut the ring off he got the attributes to beat Vazquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X