Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G22 View Post
    the worst decision Ive ever seen happend in the UK
    I'm curious... what was it?

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just curious to know which one.

Comment

I'm curious... what was it?

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just curious to know which one.
      It was a referees decision not a dodgy points verdict.
      I was in Manchester afew years ago for Khan - Barrera and was interviewed by local radio or TV and I said the only way Khan would win is if something dodgy happend. In the 1st round Khan nutted Barrera ( accidental or not ) which caused a fight ending cut so straight away in the first round Barrera couldnt see. The ref didnt even stop the action at the time and let Khan carry on hitting him despite the injury and let it go on for another 5 rounds before he stopped it. The cut was as bad in the 5th as it was in the 1st but he waited til the 5th because thats when it goes past a NC and goes to the cards. The same thing happend to Barrera in his previous fight but because that was in Mexico they gave him the win instead of the opponent. Dave Paris was ref. Terrible decision.
      One of the worst points decision Ive seen over here was Willie Jorrin (away fighter) beating Brodie (home fighter) for the WBC title which was ironic for hometown scoring.

Comment

...How would you all feel if Froch Ko'ed Andre Ward in a rematch lmao. It's not like the guys invincible

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          ...How would you all feel if Froch Ko'ed Andre Ward in a rematch lmao. It's not like the guys invincible
          Sure it could happen, but it's not likely. And nobody is invincible, but I don't see why a one-sided match deserves a rematch.

Comment

There are some serious Froch ass kissers in this thread, I'm out. None of your reasons for a fight in the UK make since. In no way does Froch deserve it. You guys just hope Ward goes there and gets robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
              There are some serious Froch ass kissers in this thread, I'm out. None of your reasons for a fight in the UK make since. In no way does Froch deserve it. You guys just hope Ward goes there and gets robbed.
              If Froch beats Kessler he'll have two belts. Ward has two belts. Fighting Froch in the UK will be the biggest money fight available for Ward and it would be for four titles in total.

Not having the rematch would be an exercise in foolishness.

Comment

Fair enough, but titles don't really mean **** when Ward has already run the gauntlet. I guess it wouldn't hurt to unify to make it "official". Froch gets schooled in his mum's backyard with close family judging so it won't make a difference.

Ward didn't really have to hit and hold Froch in the first fight until the very end of the fight and the ref in the first fight not breaking them apart quickly and letting them work inside probably works to Froch's advantage since he's so damn slow.
                Last edited by Biolink; 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I was at the Ward vs Froch fight and I can say that it was pretty empty but I had a blast! There is no way that fight was accuarately scored 115-113 for Ward that is way too close. That fight should have been scored 116-112 or 117-111 for Ward. It was a good fight but it wasn't that close at all. I know the ametuers are different from the pros but Ward won a damn Olympic gold medal in Greece so the he is not willing to travel sh!+ is just plain dumb!!! Besides that Froch LOST that alone *****s the well they will both have 2 belts BS. No way the loser can impose on the winner that he needs to travel to his hometown. I can respect some of the complaints about Ward not traveling during the Super 6. But that doesn't apply to the Ward vs Froch fight because no matter who made it the championship was going to be in Atlantic City anyway.

Comment

How would the location of the fight change the stylistic troubles Froch is facing? Would he suddenly turn into superman due to the support of the crowd? Doubt it.

Comment

I don't think there's any way in hell Froch can beat Ward. But if he beats Kessler (and I think he will), he deserves the chance to try. In England? Only if Ward wants to, he earned that right by winning the first fight (too many intangibles fighting in England). If Ward won't go to England, then Hearn needs to let the fight happen in the US or STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X