Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Targets Sonny Bill Williams For Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxing scene in that part of the world is hugely entertaining - in a hilarious sort of way.

Comment

Sucks that Tua is too big to go down a division and batter Danny Green too.

Comment

Lioke I said after the fight last week Botha and Williams should both retire they are BUMS - there is no way SBW will face Tua he will be destroyed if not hurt badly - Boxing does not need SBW he is a dsigrace just like Botha.

Comment

I'd love to see Tua fight Sonny Bill or Botha for that matter - he just needs to get back into the ring and get some fights under his belt. David Tua's undoing has been his inactivity in between fights. If he could get 3 or 4 nice wins under his belt this year he might be in line for a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I'd love to see Tua fight Sonny Bill or Botha for that matter - he just needs to get back into the ring and get some fights under his belt. David Tua's undoing has been his inactivity in between fights. If he could get 3 or 4 nice wins under his belt this year he might be in line for a title shot.
            Its to late. Tua will never beat a decent opponent again. The last time he looked good was against Shane Cameroon but he looked awfull against Barrett and i doubt it will get any better. He wasted a lot of good time with inactivity, thats right. But now its to late anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
              Its to late. Tua will never beat a decent opponent again. The last time he looked good was against Shane Cameroon but he looked awfull against Barrett and i doubt it will get any better. He wasted a lot of good time with inactivity, thats right. But now its to late anyway.
              Upon further thought, you could argue that Tua has been able to prolong his career (to 3 decades) due to his inactivity. Most of his peers (Lewis, Morrison, Byrd, et al) have all long retired or are extremely shot versions of their old selves (Rahman, Holyfield). Tua has got some "ring wear" but he hasn't taken an inordinate amount of punishment (never been KO'd, only been kd once) and he's not a shot fighter.

I'm cautiously optimistic (or maybe I'm delusional) but maybe he could make a final last run at a championship. He's still a fun fighter to watch and I've been reading that his team is sparring no expense in prepping him for his next fight.

Comment

Working...
              X