Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux To Donaire: Prepare For What's Coming!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get even more excited for this fight. Got to admit that at first I thought Donaire would easily demolish Rigo with one punch, as his chin is suspect after the Marroquin fight. But the incredible confidence that Rigo has shown in his campaign to get the bout, and the fact that he has been more vocal than Donaire now that the deal is through has me thinking otherwise. Rigo is a wizard in the ring, and i doubt that he would agree to a fight that he didn't believe he could win. The question now is what does Rigo have up his sleeve? The outcome of the fight will depend solely on Rigo's game plan because we all know Donaire will be Donaire fight night. While many think Donaire to be an unstoppable KO machine, one need only look at the Narvaez fight to see that a boxer can survive 12 rounds with the flash, and lets be real here... Rigo is far better than Narvaez and can be deadly fighting off the back foot. All in all this will be a good one, one of the best to be announced for 2013 so far, January has been *&$% for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I've seen Rigo do a lot of things in training footage and in fight films. He likes to showboat a certain way. It's not appealing to some, but that's what he does sometimes. The guy is gifted. It's not uncommon with people like him. Whether his tendency to toy with his opponents becomes ingrained as habit is certainly possible, but I think Guillermo knows how throw a proper jab.

I'm with you on the game-plan aspect. I have a growing feeling that Rigo is going to impress a lot of his detractors and fight much more actively than they think. A lot of people like to point out the second half of the Cordoba fight, but I consider that an anomaly. Guillermo never fought like that before or since. He might be defensively inclined towards Donaire, but I don't believe Rigo is going to run.
      i guess thats where we disgaree, you call it showboating , i call it a habit...i would'nt call it a habit if ive only seen it in one fight would i?...so obvoulsy i was'nt talking about only the cordoba fight instead in general...

i think rigo needs to be as mobile as possible but as active as possible too but if he tries to impress, he would create lots of openings for nonito to counter....the trick is how is he gonna do that at the same time ? i dont know how tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by WeltshmerzKO View Post
        Starting to get even more excited for this fight. Got to admit that at first I thought Donaire would easily demolish Rigo with one punch, as his chin is suspect after the Marroquin fight. But the incredible confidence that Rigo has shown in his campaign to get the bout, and the fact that he has been more vocal than Donaire now that the deal is through has me thinking otherwise. Rigo is a wizard in the ring, and i doubt that he would agree to a fight that he didn't believe he could win. The question now is what does Rigo have up his sleeve? The outcome of the fight will depend solely on Rigo's game plan because we all know Donaire will be Donaire fight night. While many think Donaire to be an unstoppable KO machine, one need only look at the Narvaez fight to see that a boxer can survive 12 rounds with the flash, and lets be real here... Rigo is far better than Narvaez and can be deadly fighting off the back foot. All in all this will be a good one, one of the best to be announced for 2013 so far, January has been *&$% for boxing.
        A lot of people like to point at Rigo's chin as the reason why Donaire will win this match-up. Yet, Guille has never been knocked out or even in serious trouble. I'd say the jury is still out on Rigo's beard, but to say that Nonito will KO him with the first solid shot he lands is a bit much. Rigondeaux is a deadly counter-puncher with awesome skills, speed and power. If he manages to stay conscious for twelve rounds he could very well win this encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          i guess thats where we disgaree, you call it showboating , i call it a habit...i would'nt call it a habit if ive only seen it in one fight would i?...so obvoulsy i was'nt talking about only the cordoba fight instead in general...
          Well, I'm certain you'll agree with me on this one: Rigo has faced enough opponents where he can safely showboat. I don't think his showboating tendencies are habitual to the point of being detrimental to his results.

i think rigo needs to be as mobile as possible but as active as possible too but if he tries to impress, he would create lots of openings for nonito to counter....the trick is how is he gonna do that at the same time ? i dont know how tbh...
          This is partly what I've been getting at all along. I don't think Guillermo will try much, if any, showboating with Donaire. I do think Rigo will be more active than his detractors say.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
            Ño bro...que empinguao fuera si pudiera ir pa' lla' pero nosotros tuvimos una bebe y es una bolita de candela..no puedo dejar a la jeva sola y pirarme pa' New York sino fuera asi me iva con la jeva o con socios pa' lla' y la pasabamos mortal..quizas y hasta le bajaramos par de pianos a algunos fan de Donaire hehehehe..
            jaja si no esta la proxima

Comment

A lot of people like to point at Rigo's chin as the reason why Donaire will win this match-up. Yet, Guille has never been knocked out or even in serious trouble. I'd say the jury is still out on Rigo's beard, but to say that Nonito will KO him with the first solid shot he lands is a bit much. Rigondeaux is a deadly counter-puncher with awesome skills, speed and power. If he manages to stay conscious for twelve rounds he could very well win this encounter.
              u make some good points! all in all a good matchup with lots of angles, still not sure who id put money on.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
                My goodness Arum was talking BAD about Donaire! I wonder has Nonito seen that clip lol
                lol thats not what the vid is about

Comment

Well, I'm certain you'll agree with me on this one: Rigo has faced enough opponents where he can safely showboat. I don't think his showboating tendencies are habitual to the point of being detrimental to his results.

This is partly what I've been getting at all along. I don't think Guillermo will try much, if any, showboating with Donaire. I do think Rigo will be more active than his detractors say.
                  i could agree with the bold..

with the rest , im very doubtful coz i think habits will overwhlem a gameplan anyday when in a predicament..and im pretty sure rigo will be in a lot of moments he's not used to seeing in this fight...

Comment

nonito knows arum does'nt like him ..hell , after the arce fight , he insulted arum indirectly ..
                    what did he say

Comment

Originally posted by lazarito52 View Post
                      Rigo , solis , dorticos , garbey , pedro luis diaz , the trainer , are all in the camp for this fight..... Looks like they are in la finca de los monos , in la havana , cuba....... Cualquieraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, manana los voy a ver entrenar , cualquieraaaaaaaaaaaa.
                      eso esta pegaito a mi casa creci en la vibora, no que un mono mato a una mujer ahi?d

dile a pedro que suave con rigo, necesita tener toda su energia esa noche
                      Last edited by Cubanborn87; 02-10-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X