Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander: I'd Love To Test My Skills Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah right STFU Devon u idiot.. Hope this fight never ever happens cuz no one is gona pay 60$ to watch a one sided...... SPARING BOUT!!! The only thing u gona test is how your face can hold up to being hit non stop until 'IT BURNS!!!!' And the bout is stopped.

Comment

Cunningham has a big ass mouth. Alexander should just be happy that Mayweather mentioned his name. I saw his last fight out here in Brooklyn and it was borIng. he got booed out the building. he needs to step up to the plate and take care of Kell Brook. testing your skills against Mayweather is not a good idea. Especially since he got raked by Kotelnik. he got dropped by Lucas Mathysse. Kell Brook might beat his ass.

Comment

Mayweather vs Alexander Could Be Really Entertaining

Alexander gave the type of answer that you would expect when asked about competing against the best NOW and one of the best EVER! But, if the fight were to happen, Alexander would fair better than Marquez, Ortiz, and Mosley.

Devon is a fast, slick, southpaw fighting at a comfortable weight. Although Floyd is very accurate, he is not the most devastating puncher, which could allow for some mistakes by Devon. On the other hand Devon is reaching the age where physically a male athlete starts to peak. He has the reflexes to deal with the cat like movement of Floyd. Alexander also has more power that he's given credit for as well as great stamina. Zab Judah was competitive with Floyd until he started to gas out, Alexander is better than Zab and has way more stamina. Devon's trainer (Kevin Cunningham) has been seen in corner with Adrian Broner. If that could be arranged, who better to simulate Floyd during sparring.

This would be the most 2 sided and entertaining HBO 24/7 series ever. Kevin Cunningham vs Roger Mayweather....... wow!

I don't buy this boring crap as it relates to Alexander. He has had some tough fights back to back to back and he is more prepared for this moment because of them should he get.

Alexander is primed to have a breakout performance on his next opponent no matter who it is. You can see it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          At this point GBP could announce Floyd vs Toilet Bowl and folks will clamor about how it's going to be a good fight or a true test for Mayweather..I am genuinely over GBP and the 147 division..shhh is turning into a joke..How Bradley didn't become the mandatory for Floyd is beyond me..how the fact is that Mayweather hasn't had a mandatory opponent in 5 years is baffling..I think the only time this has ever happened was when Joe Louis was allowed to join the military's entertainment division and hold on to his belt for 4 years without a defence of it. I'm not saying Bradley would be a better opponent but he did beat Alexander..or for that matter how about defending that 154lb belt? I mean come on folks..the sanctioning bodies are a joke!!! Everyone else seems to always have a mandatory except Floyd and Manny..funny Alexander just won a belt but he's got a mandatory..Aydin had just won a belt and he got a mandatory..but the other two I just mentioned..god forbid they get forced to fight ppl they don't wanna fight.
          Floyd and pAC r the two biggest PPV stars today even though Floyd sells more than pAC they r still quite even PPV's.. Yes it's true they don't any mandatory fight it sucks cuz the Santioning body's r a absolute joke! The belts r a joke it's meaningless cuz u have 20 belts for one division and each fighter got one so who the Hell is the real champ!?? The answer is no one! The last time I recall some being the true champ of the division is when Tyson after he's jail sentecnce came and won back the HW title and won all the major belts and he was the true champ.. And other fighter like Bhop who held the MW title for a decade and other fighters I have not mentioned.. pAC and Jr r basically like royalty compared to other fighters since money talks the most they get what they want since they r the ones who make the promoters and the sanctioning bodies rich in the first place they r not gona go against that? Of course not.. I'm sorry to say it but like everything boxing is corrupt too and it has being that way for a long time and gotten worse over the years..

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
            Alexander gave the type of answer that you would expect when asked about competing against the best NOW and one of the best EVER! But, if the fight were to happen, Alexander would fair better than Marquez, Ortiz, and Mosley.

Devon is a fast, slick, southpaw fighting at a comfortable weight. Although Floyd is very accurate, he is not the most devastating puncher, which could allow for some mistakes by Devon. On the other hand Devon is reaching the age where physically a male athlete starts to peak. He has the reflexes to deal with the cat like movement of Floyd. Alexander also has more power that he's given credit for as well as great stamina. Zab Judah was competitive with Floyd until he started to gas out, Alexander is better than Zab and has way more stamina. Devon's trainer (Kevin Cunningham) has been seen in corner with Adrian Broner. If that could be arranged, who better to simulate Floyd during sparring.

This would be the most 2 sided and entertaining HBO 24/7 series ever. Kevin Cunningham vs Roger Mayweather....... wow!

I don't buy this boring crap as it relates to Alexander. He has had some tough fights back to back to back and he is more prepared for this moment because of them should he get.

Alexander is primed to have a breakout performance on his next opponent no matter who it is. You can see it coming!
            Amazingly put, green K coming your way.

I've been trying to tell people this ever since Floyd tweeted Devon's name last week.

Look Gurrero is good and would probably make the more exciting fight, but Floyd picks guys like Gurrero apart. He always has and he probably always will. Sure the fight would be exciting while it lasted, but I along with several others would expect Floyd to stop him.

Now as for Devon, he can do enough to make this fight ugly, awkward, and uncomfortable enough to trouble Floyd and win some rounds. I also feel Floyd wouldn't be able to have his way in this fight as much as he has in his recent outings, a lot of that do with what I just said in the previous sentence. The way Devon fights combined with his skills could do enough to frustrate Floyd throughout the fight and win more rounds then anyone since Oscar has. Not to mention Devon probably has the fastest hands Floyd has seen in a long time.

I am not trying to say Devon will win or anything, but I think his style gives Floyd a difficult and uncomfortable fight. I would fully expect Floyd to win this fight, but I honestly feel Devon could be competitive more so then Gurrero would.

Comment

Working...
            X