Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm: I Can Still Beat Any Middleweight in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not if you throw punches as if their golden coins you can't.

Comment

I like Felix sturm and I think he did get robbed against Solomon but can't see where he goes from here I'd like him to fight GGG but don't think he will somehow

Comment

Sturm is so full of shit.

Comment

While i felt Sturm beat Soliman it was just barely so his assertion that he beats the top guys seems a lil far fetched.Felix can't seem too pull the trigger anymore.

Comment

Back when he faced De La Hoya, Sturm was a high level, skilled middleweight. Back then, he was also one of my favorite boxers but that's another subject. Anyway, Sturm has lost a step or two and what were once easy, lopsided, legit UD's for him, became rough, close split decisions in Germany. He started to get hit more and his offensive output dropped. Sometimes he goes into a shell and waits while the opponent scores multiple times.

The fight against Soliman should have been a comfortable win for him, I had him ahead 116-112, but the Sturm of five or six years ago would have won ten or eleven rounds quite easily against Soliman. This would have made things easier for himself. Sturm is still world class but definitely has declined.

Comment

I interpret this as a call out to GGG

Hopefully GGG will oblige and get him in the ring...ring sting for Sturm as he gets violated

Comment

I thought Strm got robbed. The man is old now and clearly past his prime and he STILL gave guys like Murray, macklin, geale all they could handle. He needs to let his hands go more, he could of Stopped Soliman, but I guess that comes with age. He's still a top middleweight in the world and I think it's pretty obvious he's not going to beat GGG at this point but his fights with Geale and Soliman could of gone either way, IMO. For an old fighter with a lot of mileage on him, Sturm is still fighting at a high level.

A lot of people seem to forget, that Sturm has fought 4-5, top 10-15 middleweights in a row now. You can't say he's been cherry picking his most recent fights, that's for sure:

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
                  Back when he faced De La Hoya, Sturm was a high level, skilled middleweight. Back then, he was also one of my favorite boxers but that's another subject. Anyway, Sturm has lost a step or two and what were once easy, lopsided, legit UD's for him, became rough, close split decisions in Germany. He started to get hit more and his offensive output dropped. Sometimes he goes into a shell and waits while the opponent scores multiple times.

The fight against Soliman should have been a comfortable win for him, I had him ahead 116-112, but the Sturm of five or six years ago would have won ten or eleven rounds quite easily against Soliman. This would have made things easier for himself. Sturm is still world class but definitely has declined.
                  Great post. Spot on and I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by danielevans3 View Post
                    I like Felix sturm and I think he did get robbed against Solomon but can't see where he goes from here I'd like him to fight GGG but don't think he will somehow
                    Agreed on all counts. Maybe he could take on Martinez which I happen to think would be a great fight.

Comment

Felix Sturm is the Chris John of the MW division.

Comment

Working...
                      X