No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm: I Can Still Beat Any Middleweight in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mundi352 View Post
    Felix Sturm was without question a great middleweight....at one time.. Unfortunately for him he fought Oscar De la hoya and got robbed early on.. It would have been great to see where that victory could have brought him internationally. Despite that loss, that most certainly should have been a W,Sturm has maintained a successful career. That being said I believe Sturm should seek out the true MW contenders to defend his words.. Staying in europe and not fighting some of the great American MW leaves me questioning how great he really is....
    Great? Really? Who did he beat that made him "great." Do great middleweights get ko'd by ancient junior middleweights? Do great middleweights repeatedly turn down fights with other beltholders like Abraham? Do great middleweights run away from fighting their mandatory the way Sturm did against GGG? So what exactly did Sturm do that made him "great at one time?" Skilled? Yes. Great? If greatness is defined by making a lot of money defending at home a million times while avoiding the division's best, I guess you're right.

Comment

how would you know???you never fought the other champions

Comment

Working...
      X