Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oribital Bone breaking, any past fighters had this before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oribital Bone breaking, any past fighters had this before?

Ive been noticing a trend and have been wondering what other fighters in the past have suffered this before. Just trying to figure out the likely hood of a succesful comeback becuase the few I know are Margarito who was pratically ruined by that and now salido and chavez has had the same problem.

any one else in the past who made succesfull comeback?

jess willard i think after dempsey broke his entire face including his orbital.

Comment

That is true, and Dempsey was said to have loaded his gloves.

Comment

i believe cotto broke paulie's.

Comment

DLH broke Vargas'

Comment

Stevie Forbes cracked Oscar's.

Comment

Originally posted by montoya_91 View Post
              That is true, and Dempsey was said to have loaded his gloves.
              Clevland Williams and his trainer debunked the plaster of paris claim back in the 60's and the railroad sp1ke claim is debunked by anyone with eyeballs since you can see Dempsey parrying punches and pushing Williard off in the clinch with his gloves open in the first round before the 1st knockdown.

Just pitiful lies by the bitter and gutless Jack Kearns. Utterly debunked.

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/dempsey_gloves.html

Comment

Thank you for the link, much appreciated.

Comment

i'd imagine many men in past eras suffered this injury.

Jeff Bumpus' orbital bone was broken by Greg Haugen, IIRC, and he went on to share a ring with Vinnie Paz and JCC. but he was no big name or big achiever.

with Margarito, his orbital was broken early in the fight and then hammered on for the remainder, i would think that's why his injury was so pronounced. a guy like Malignaggi was at least able to protect his injury to a significant degree after sustaining it early in his fight with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    i'd imagine many men in past eras suffered this injury.

Jeff Bumpus' orbital bone was broken by Greg Haugen, IIRC, and he went on to share a ring with Vinnie Paz and JCC. but he was no big name or big achiever.

with Margarito, his orbital was broken early in the fight and then hammered on for the remainder, i would think that's why his injury was so pronounced. a guy like Malignaggi was at least able to protect his injury to a significant degree after sustaining it early in his fight with Cotto.
                    didnt know paulie suffered that injury. depends how bad the injury is on both, salido and chavez looks kinda damaging, time will tell I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X