Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never answered my question as well.

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    alot of time and effort went into them teens and they are only a few out million of urban children.

http://www.afro.com/sections/news/af...?storyid=75319

a·nom·a·ly
    Noun
    Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
    Is the bolded something that we are not obligated to afford our youth? Hopefully Im missing your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      Dumb topic for a dumb OP. Anyone who agrees with this nonsense is just as dumb as he is and thats all there is to it

whats even dumber about this topic is that it assumes that fans of other fighters are more intelligent than mayweather fans.

since the OP is obviously mexican, why dont we talk about the average intelligence of the typical fernando vargas fan?

the fact is, floyds undefeated record bothers people so much that it brings out the truth in how they feel about blacks as a whole. and lets not hide behind "im not talking about race just culture" thats bull*****. floyd seems to be the only focus of these so called cultural arguments and lets face it, its because hes black. so if me being a fan of him since the atlanta games makes me lack intellect then so be it.

OP is a certified idiot.
      Logic tells me you're doing the same thing he's doing so that would make you an idiot as well correct?

You sure going hard with the color thing there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Logic tells me you're doing the same thing he's doing so that would make you an idiot as well correct?

You sure going hard with the color thing there.
        Hey Mr. Fantastic. You from Houston, which makes you "urban", and therfore unintelligent. You from the Southside or Northside? Southwest? Or outside beltway 8?

Comment

• We are all urban youth.

We are all ghetto in nature.

We are Trayvon Martin

#justicefortrayvon

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            We are all urban youth.

We are Trayvon Martin

#justicefortrayvon
            And here we go.

The reason this thread is still open is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              We are all urban youth.

We are Trayvon Martin

#justicefortrayvon
              im assuming this is supposed to be ironic or funny. you might as well cue a laugh track at this pathetic post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                Now again it seems as though me and you are at a intellectual empase so to speak. The reason for me stating such is simply because whether you know it or not, you have still not solidified the demographics of the individuals that your argument is being contrived of.

Your inaccuracy in the use of the terms "urban and ghetto" stifles this possible debate dead in its tracks.

Those who follow the grung and hipster movements are considered urban as well as those who follow the hip-hop movement, do you indeed include them all in the same demographic as "urban"? Or are the seperate?

All individuals who are from the "ghettos" of the United States do not act the same, so the use of the term ghetto is very loose and non-applicable. To say that all "ghetto" people are only concerned with money, would be the equvalent to saying all "country" folks like to hunt and spit tobacco into spitunes; not very fair, as it is horribly inaccurate.

And this "Thuglife" in which you speak, is this only found in the urban areas, and ghettos? If you say that it is, then I say you are very sadly mistaken. And what is "Thuglife"? Is it a term that we can befitting to bestow upon the Italian-Americans that are affilated with the "Mob", can we extend that term to the young Mexican men, who are affiliated with La Eme? Who are we relegating this term to?

And as far as the "money" angle in which you are shifting your argument to. We have individuals on capitol hill that are "Money Mays/flashy/gaudy" in their own right, does it make it palatable in how they display it, or were you unaware of it?

And again your question still suggests that individuals who are indeed reared from these "urban" and "ghetto" areas are without intelligence. I can only suspect that you do indeed believe such to be true as you have not recanted from your original question?
                if you read all the replys I have made to you, I answered all your questions. You seemed hung up on trying to spin the conversations

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                I have already cleared that up, those who embrace and glamorize the "ghetto lifestyle" "thug life lifestyle" etc etc, yes it spans outside the confine of the "Ghetto/Urban geographical area", it is a CULTURE.

Culture: Culture is the set of ideas, behaviors, attitudes, and traditions that exist within large groups of people (usually of a common religion, family, or something similar).

and this Culture does not have a emphasis on education, that is not one of the selling points to this "ghetto lifestyle" "Thuglife Lifestyle" that the Urban Ghetto Culture embraces.

Now to my Original Question and why this thread was made.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Before floyd turned into "Money Mayweather" (who has been fully embraced by this Urban Ghetto Culture) he couldn't sell tickets, he was unliked and he wasnt nearly as successful as he is now and none of the Urban Ghetto Culture cared for or was a fan of Pretty Boy Floyd.

Enter Money Mayweather in the De La Hoya Fight he changed into this persona and sold a image that the Urban Ghetto Culture would love and he turned into a superstar. With out the "Money Mayweather" persona he wouldn't have had the Urban Ghetto Culture support as he would just be a plain boring fighter and suffer the faith he was suffering when he was "Pretty Boy Floyd"

So again my question is - Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                  And here we go.

It's a joke mate, calm yourself. I'm not even sure why people are bothering pouring their hearts out with these TL;DR paragraphs in a thread like this.
                  Last edited by thuggery; 02-09-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    Hey Mr. Fantastic. You from Houston, which makes you "urban", and therfore unintelligent. You from the Southside or Northside? Southwest? Or outside beltway 8?
                    I live in the suburbs.

Grew up in a rough neighborhood as a kid(not Houston) but I made sure I got smart quick to give my family a good life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                      And here we go.

Thread is open cause its not a racist thread like larry was, this is a real discussion thread.

believe me I have more class then that ashy ass larry has, I wont open a thread fueled by hatred toward a race liek he did that just uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                      X